IRC

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
starreyes

IRC

Post by starreyes »

I feel like a complete idiot. I've bought a lot of IRC's, and used them all, but I just realized that I haven't been doing it right.

I read the thing on the usps website, and I'm not sure I get it, but I'm pretty sure I've been doing it wrong.

I THINK it says you are suppossed to get it stamped when you buy it, but I'm not possitive. If so, I have never gotten them stamped.

Then again, I have gotten replies from people I send IRC's to. Maybe they just took pity on me and used their own postage.

Either way I feel pretty stupid.
charmed_babe3
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by charmed_babe3 »

I think you have to get them stamped, I'm pretty sure I get mine stamped but i haven't brought one in a while so I don't fully remeber.
Authentic: 37
PP: 44
Autograph count: 79
YOURS_SINCERELY
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by YOURS_SINCERELY »

You definately do have to get them stamped -by the issuing post office- certainly in Australia anyway. I presume that its the same all over...

Good luck with your remaining IRC's... but remember in the future to get them stamped before mailing.

Best of luck with your colection,

YOURS_SINCERELY
"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."
Margaret Thatcher.
starreyes

Post by starreyes »

Ok, now that I've got that strait, I will make sure I do next time I go to buy some. I don't have any right now, but I was planning on getting them soon.

I guess it's really up to me to remind them too because everytime I go in there they have to look up in their manual what an International Reply Coupon is.
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ozzman »

my post office automaticly stamps them for me.
starreyes

Post by starreyes »

Mine doesn't, but I'll be sure to ask them to next time I go in.

That's kind of wierd too, that I've still been getting responses from addresses that I sent bad IRC's to. I guess they just paid the postage themselves though.
aliens vs predator
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by aliens vs predator »

I've been doing it wrong as well. I never got them stamped but the lady at the post office didn't say you had to get them signed and she didn't even know what an IRC was until she asked the manager.
I have only sent IRCs to 1 person though with some comics to get signed, so I'm not sure if I will get them back especially if the postage cost will be a couple of dollars. I also have some IRCs in an envelope ready to be sent to Tom Delonge, so I will have to open the envelope up again and get them stamped before I send it.
How many IRCs do you think it would it cost for a normal 10x8 picture to be sent back?
starreyes

Post by starreyes »

Yeah, mine never know what they are until they look it up or think to ask me or the manager either, and then they ask me where I'm going over seas.

I have no idea, I always just send one, and I have gotten back an 8x10 picture, but then again my IRC's weren't stamped, so who knows how many.

Post by Guest »

i've got a quick question: i live in canada so how many irc's should i send to the u.s. and the u.k.? i've been looking everywhere but the websites are really confusing. i haven't actually ever bought irc's so any info you guys might have would be helpful!
starreyes

Post by starreyes »

I always just send one, but as I've noticed I haven't been sending real postage that should work although as Lucas42 said, the post office at the other end might not even notice.

I have read some things that said to send 2 or more.

It really depends though, how much does your envelope weigh?

From the US it takes one $0.80 stamp to send a regular one oz. letter from here to the UK, and the IRC basicly buys the stamp. I think for every stamp you would put on the envelope to send it to the UK you would enclose that many IRC's, but I'm not sure. I think that's right.

I would wait for someone else to reply though because I'm probably wrong.