weird Bob Dylan RTS

Send your feedback for a movie set / theatre address you have tested.
Forum rules
Sponsored link: Try Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial

Image Upload your pictures here: Surf My Pictures | Google Photos | Imgbb | Tumblr | Imgur

Image Search the message board Image
jrott
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: weird Bob Dylan RTS

Post by jrott »

Jaffer wrote:
jrott wrote:Its a nice thought but in all the examples of Bob's writing I have come across, he did not write that on your envelope
Forgive me if English is your second language, I don't wish to be rude, but that does'nt quite make sense. Are you saying the o.p. Is lying? Or that it is without precedent?
Forgive me Jaffer, I should have dumbed it down a bit.
Firstly, I can not find any posts by the original poster where he/she claimed Bob Dylan was the one who wrote this on the envelope so for you to say "Are you saying the o.p. Is lying?" clearly shows that you did not read the entire thread. In my limited understanding of the English language, he/she asked Does anybody have a clue as to what this is all about. only thing i can think of is someone just trying to be funny.
Let me know your thoughts please. Im absolutley puzzled!

They asked a question
ANOTHER poster in response to this question said That is absolutely, 100% Bob Dylan's handwriting. HUGE conrats!

I absolutely 100 percent disagree with that statement and gave the original poster my opinion.
slinky462
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by slinky462 »

i do not have no idea as to who wrote it. Many things crossed my mind as to who might have done it Bob Dylan, Bob Dylans agent, person who handles the mail at the place he was performing, someone from the post office (which for that one i was able to get an answer on, post office is not aloud to write anything on mail). I have contacted the place he was performing to see if they know anything. If it is a Bob Dylan autograph I would need some kind of proof when i show it off or else people will think im just being stupid. I have thought about sending it to an autograph authenticator. Who knows?!?! Im still lost. Keep the comments and thoughts coming, a lot of you are giving me a lot of insight on this! Thanks to all!

Peace,
Nate
Sell a man a fish feed him for a day....teach a man how to fish, lose a steady customer!
velvetgold
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by velvetgold »

SO STRANGE! I would be so creeped out if I received that sorta thing... it would definitely be something that would puzzle me FOREVER! I don't know what to tell you.. just keep it.. you never know.. ?! So weird! :lol:
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

Another thought. Does the writing match the ''return to sender'' written on the front?

To the op, I think you are right, I don't think the postal service is allowed to write on mail. This strikes me as either being Bob, or a bored/smart-ass worker at the venue trying to be funny.
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
AxlSlash
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AxlSlash »

American Royal Arts used to have a signed and inscribed poster from Bob for sale. It's not on their site anymore, but that handwriting is IDENTICAL to the writing on that poster.
slinky462
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by slinky462 »

the writing on the back matches the return to sender writing on the front. they were deffinetly used by the same pen because u can see that it runs out of ink at some points. Also its funny that wether it be Dylan or someone else they forgot to put the 2nd R in return to sender. They spelled it Retun.
Sell a man a fish feed him for a day....teach a man how to fish, lose a steady customer!
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

jrott wrote:
Jaffer wrote:
jrott wrote:Its a nice thought but in all the examples of Bob's writing I have come across, he did not write that on your envelope
Forgive me if English is your second language, I don't wish to be rude, but that does'nt quite make sense. Are you saying the o.p. Is lying? Or that it is without precedent?
Forgive me Jaffer, I should have dumbed it down a bit.
I don't think Jaffer was criticising what you were saying, merely the way it which it was written. Your original post made little sense due to the sentence structure ("Its a nice thought but in all the examples of Bob's writing I have come across" is a fragment with no conclusion), so Jaffer can be forgiven for being a little confused. The point you were making is a valid one, based on your own experiences and the evidence we have. We'll never really know for sure.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

osiris wrote:
I don't think Jaffer was criticising what you were saying, merely the way it which it was written. Your original post made little sense due to the sentence structure ("Its a nice thought but in all the examples of Bob's writing I have come across" is a fragment with no conclusion), so Jaffer can be forgiven for being a little confused. The point you were making is a valid one, based on your own experiences and the evidence we have. We'll never really know for sure.
You have a habit of explaining what I am trying to say far better then I ever do! :lol: that is exactly what I meant :) but I did not want to be seen as picking on a members poor sentence structure if English was not their native tongue.
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
IchibadCrane
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by IchibadCrane »

It's Dylan's handwriting, nough said. I have seen many Dylan poems at museums exhibits etc. You can google Dylan auctions and see his handwriting. That is Dylan's handwriting. Don't worry about what the nay-sayers say. It's his writing. You are VERY lucky my friend.
velvetgold
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by velvetgold »

^Lucky, but then again, not so lucky... who really wants a Bob Dylan 'autograph' signed as Ray Charles? :? (No offense to the OP) You want a Dylan autograph signed as Dylan! When someone looks through your collection, they'll never know it's a Dylan.