Anyone ever received damaged mail?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Anyone ever received damaged mail?

Post by Tabby »

Has anyone ever received a damaged autograph? I remember when I got my Regis one, it came OPENED! I have no idea how that happened and it led me to believe someone may have looked inside. I was surprised I still got the autograph.
It also seems like people don't understand what DO NOT BEND means. I've gotten a few bent up pictures and it really makes me angry. This is a good reason why I switched to sending 4x6 pictures to be signed. I was sick of larger ones being stuffed into my mailbox.
I mainly collect voice actor and Disney related autographs-Any questions with Disney successes/addresses? Feel free to PM me!
RYAN J.

Re: Anyone ever received damaged mail?

Post by RYAN J. »

Yes, every now and then I'll get some of my replies back a bit rumpled and bent, but nothing a good hard book can't solve. {up} I've only gotten a couple that were never sealed to begin with when they were sent back, so I'm also surprised they never fell out! :lol:

RYAN J. 8)
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

The constant ignoring of please do not bend irks me too
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

Yeah, I tend to get damaged photos back with "Do Not Bend", but you have to remember it's just a suggestion and not an actual instruction they need to follow. That's why I use photo mailers more often nowadays.
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

dfreely wrote:Yeah, I tend to get damaged photos back with "Do Not Bend", but you have to remember it's just a suggestion and not an actual instruction they need to follow. That's why I use photo mailers more often nowadays.
Ah right. Thanks for the info. I thought they had to.
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
kristina7
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kristina7 »

A few years ago I'd written to Steve Carell and sent an Entertainment Weekly for him to sign. When I received my SASE and magazine back, the envelope was actually completely open. I'm lucky it hadn't been stolen altogether.
I'm sure I've gotten other envelopes a bit tampered with but that's the only story I vividly remember.
rittdk01
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rittdk01 »

I send everything in photo mailers which are hard to damage. I sent two photo to Alaina Huffman from Smallville and Stargate Universe. She added a note and put a paper clip over them which made marks on the photos. Also had Jane Fonda and Emma Roberts put paper clips on things that caused marks.
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by arrowsup »

I sent three requests out one day and about two weeks later I got an envelope from the USPS with a piece of my envelope (mind you, it was a tiny piece...and it only had my return address on it - so I couldn't tell who I had addressed it to) with a note saying that my mail had been destroyed in processing....so sorry!. One envelope definitely made it through, but it was so badly damaged that the recipient (Barbara Feldon) replaced my photo with one of her own {??} . The other two were never replied to, so I assumed they were both destroyed and re-sent them.
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

My photos come back crumpled CONSTANTLY. My mailman just shoves everything in my box.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
WildChild96
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WildChild96 »

That's happened to me a few times, as well as getting back ripped envelopes in a plastic USPS bag. :( Fortunately, none of my autographs were effected. :)
Most Recent TTM: Clint Hill - 12/17
Most Recent IP: Ville Leino - 11/14