Cloris Leachman Success! ($1.50 Rummage Sale Find!!)

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
RYAN J.

Cloris Leachman Success! ($1.50 Rummage Sale Find!!)

Post by RYAN J. »

Bingo! :D Went to my local town’s annual women’s commissioner rummage sale today and was looking through the book section like I always do in hopes that maybe I’d get lucky & find a signed one, and was surprised when I stumbled across an autobiography of “Cloris” signed by actress Cloris Leachman!! :D Only paid $1.50 for it! :lol:

After I bought it I flipped through the pages and found a receipt inside from when the book was originally purchased from a company called ‘Signals’ out of Hudson, OH and retail price was $24.00! :shock: I loved her role as Granny in the remake of the Beverly Hillbillies! lol. :lol:

Cloris Leachman signed Autobiography:

RYAN J. 8)
jtalmodovar26
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Cloris Leachman Success! ($1.50 Rummage Sale Find!!)

Post by jtalmodovar26 »

what! geez I never get this lucky! nice Success!
Waiting for: Donald Trump ; Will Ferrell ; Bill Nye the Science Guy ; Bryan Cranston ; Steve Ballmer ; ozzy ;Rick Moranis ;Tom Savini ; Daniel Tosh ; Clint Eastwood ;Stephen Colbert ; Tom Herr ;Chris Gardner ; Steve Carell ; Jack Mcbrayer ;Nancy Pelosi ; Anthony Weiner ; R.L stine , Ray Bradbury ; Harrison Ford ;Tom Scholz ; Steve Martin ; Carlos Santana
Autographs (TTM): Pawn Stars ; Theodore Gray ; Jillian Michaels ; Sid Meiers ; Clive Cussler ; Jay Leno ; Sen. Mike Sturla ; Bear Grylls ; Gov. Ed Rendell ; The Fonz! ; A-rod ; Hugh Laurie ; Steve Wozniak ; MythBusters! (Tori , Grant , Kari!); Bill Clinton! ; Arnold Schwarzenneger (X2)
Chevy Chase ; John Lasseter ; Ben Bernanke ; VP Joe Biden ; Jenna Fischer ; Peter Billingsley ; Marcus Hamilton ; Ed Asner

Check out my photobucket (not all of my pics are up yet): http://adf.ly/KIER
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Thanks for the comment jtalmodovar26!! :D I'm always surprised and happy when I come across signed books as most people don't think about looking for those when hunting autographs. And you can't beat a deal as sweet as these ones! The book itself is in pratically new condition. {up}

People at the sale kept watching me as I'd pick up a book, flip through the first couple pages to see if it was signed then put it back. I'd just look up and smile. :lol: the lady who checked me out was surprised when I told her it was signed. She was probably thinking to herself "Darn! we could have charged him twice as much!" :lol:

RYAN J. 8)
nicole175
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nicole175 »

man Ryan I wish I was as lucky as you are with finding ones. I find myself doing it sometimes at goodwill or somewhere like that.
Most Wanted! 1.BSB,2.Miranda Lambert,3.Blake Shelton,4.Whole Twilight Cast,5.TNA & WWE Crew,6.Jason Aldean,7.Haley Mills,8.Bobby Jindale,9.Mercy Me,10.Aaron Carter
(if you have a working address to help with this plz pm letting me know thanks)
Made by me!
http://www.thegraphicsshop.co.cc/
site made and owned by me!
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Thank you Nicole!! Keep searching! There's been many times I've struck out when going to Goodwill and Salvation army, but there always bringing new books in too! {up} Just have to scan the titles carefully and check the first few pages, sometimes even the back pages depending on where the person signed. {up}

My dream find would be either Sean Connery or Johnny Cash! :shock: Anything's possible! :D

RYAN J. 8)
mayhem13
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mayhem13 »

RYAN J. wrote:Bingo! :D Went to my local town’s annual women’s commissioner rummage sale today and was looking through the book section like I always do in hopes that maybe I’d get lucky & find a signed one, and was surprised when I stumbled across an autobiography of “Cloris” signed by actress Cloris Leachman!! :D Only paid $1.50 for it! :lol:

After I bought it I flipped through the pages and found a receipt inside from when the book was originally purchased from a company called ‘Signals’ out of Hudson, OH and retail price was $24.00! :shock: I loved her role as Granny in the remake of the Beverly Hillbillies! lol. :lol:

Cloris Leachman signed Autobiography:

RYAN J. 8)
weird...Hudson is literally less then a mile away from where I love. never heard of that store though.....small world.

nice success by the way.
HappinessStan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by HappinessStan »

That's a lovely find!

I used to sell second-hand books for a living and found a few, and kick myself for selling some which I wish that I'd kept.

It's always a great feeling to stumble across one, like unearthing a little bit of buried treasure...
Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

RYAN J. wrote:Thanks for the comment jtalmodovar26!! :D I'm always surprised and happy when I come across signed books as most people don't think about looking for those when hunting autographs. And you can't beat a deal as sweet as these ones! The book itself is in pratically new condition. {up}

People at the sale kept watching me as I'd pick up a book, flip through the first couple pages to see if it was signed then put it back. I'd just look up and smile. :lol: the lady who checked me out was surprised when I told her it was signed. She was probably thinking to herself "Darn! we could have charged him twice as much!" :lol:

RYAN J. 8)
Charged you twice as much? Yep, and I'm sure you would have gladly paid $3.00, right? :D
Nice find, Ryan.......but I think I got ya beat with my trip to the local Goodwill yesterday. Check out my post on my "Finding Autographs In Thrift Shops" thread!!
Last IP: Author Hilari Bell-Sept. 17, 2010
Favorite TTM Autographs: Pawn Stars Cast, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Brett Rickaby, Lance Burton, Charlie Daniels, Oddities Cast, R.L. Stine, George Lopez, Dennis Quaid, John Carpenter, Amazing Kreskin, Dame Judi Dench, Casting Crowns, Justin Bieber, George Hardy, Electric Prunes, Robert LaSardo, Ozzy Osbourne, Jack Ketchum, Adrian Raeside, Brian Crane, Amon Amarth, Laura Bush, Daniel Tosh, Ted Alderman, Michael Phelps, Jay Leno, Judge Judy, Herb Alpert, Inna, 311, Larry Zerner, Wilco and Sylvia Lewis

Check out my new Autograph website: http://sydsautographs.webs.com/
Join my site NOW and be entered to win FOUR Authentic Autographs!! Drawing is on 1/30/11 at 5pm!!
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tabby »

Ryan you always get so lucky. I wish I had that kind of luck!
I mainly collect voice actor and Disney related autographs-Any questions with Disney successes/addresses? Feel free to PM me!
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Haha, thanks again all!! Those are some major scores you picked up Ink&Bones!! Desi Arnez?!?! WOW. :shock:

I'm really looking forward to going to my thrift stores again soon and hoping to hit the jackpot like you did! :lol:

RYAN J. 8)