Index card question

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
comiskey2000
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Index card question

Post by comiskey2000 »

So will celebrities not sign index cards at all for fear of identity theft? Or is that just a rumor? Also will they be more likely to sign a custom index card that is not just blank white? Thanks.
kallavan91
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kallavan91 »

i've never heard anything like that...

i know a lot of sports stars sign index cards all the time
Autographs:

Real: 97
PP: 20

Kalla's Autographs
Joey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joey »

Hey comiskey2000,

I think most celebrities don't have a problem with signing index cards :).

Joey {up}
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ozzman »

Actually there are alot of baseball players who wont sign index cards. I met jaimie wright from the brewers a few years ago and he said he wasnt gonna sign my index card because people make plaques out of them and sell them. Then he felt bad and bent my index card up really bad and signed it. Other than that I never had a problem.
comiskey2000
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by comiskey2000 »

That is interesting becuase I have heard problems with baseball players and other athletes but nothing with actors or actresses.
YOURS_SINCERELY
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by YOURS_SINCERELY »

I have never had a problem in sending Index (or visiting) Cards, that is until lately...
I wrote to a well known jockey and for some bizare reason he said that he wouldnt sign my 'pieces of cardboard' (as he called them), he would however sign and address a photograph if I sent it though...
I found that to be quite bizare, no reason was given as to why he wouldnt!
Other than that one incident the only other problem I have had is when they put your name on the index card.

As far as 'identity theft' goes, its the first I've heared of it.

All best wishes for Christmas and the New Year...

YOURS_SINCERELY
"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."
Margaret Thatcher.
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Index card question

Post by rpbluesman »

comiskey2000 wrote:So will celebrities not sign index cards at all for fear of identity theft? Or is that just a rumor? Also will they be more likely to sign a custom index card that is not just blank white? Thanks.
Hi comiskey2000 :D

Many celebs do in fact sign index cards. Both plain and custom.

I have never heard of anything related to identity theft, but I suppose it's always a possibility. The most prevelant reason for a celeb not signing an index card would be the recipient turning around and selling them. However, like ozzman and YOURS_SINCERELY said, there are many people who don't sign index cards for that very reason.

Most celebs will sign almost anything, provided that you pay for return postage.

Your best bet would be to send an index card along with a photo and SASE and say something along the lines of

"I was wondering if I could ask you a question. Could you sign the enclosed index card? I have also enclosed a photo if you don't want to sign the card. You don't have to sign both, just one."

The wording is at your discretion, just make sure your polite.

--Daniel 8)
588luver
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by 588luver »

What I usually do is send a picture and an index card along with my letter. Sometimes I get only the picture back and sometimes both. I have also only sent index cards to someone and gotten them signed with no problem.