tom baker

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
DAY TRIPPER
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

tom baker

Post by DAY TRIPPER »

EDIT. THIS TOPIC WAS TO PROVE "BUD" IS NO AUTOGRAPH EXPERT AS HE CLAIMS TO BE.
AND I SUCCESSFULLY CAUGHT HIM OUT. DONT LET HIM TELL YOU THAT YOUR SUCCESSES ARE FAKE. HE DOESNT KNOW

signed baker figure on ebay. authentic? what do you think.

Last edited by DAY TRIPPER on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
emily64cooper
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: tom baker

Post by emily64cooper »

I'm certainly no expert, but after comparing it to a few other sigtures (most of which are claimed authentic), this autographs seems quite similar.
Through the Mail: Catherine Tate, Jayma Mays, Matthew David Lewis, Marion Ross, Millvina Dean, Billie Piper, Sandra Shipley, Aldis Hodge, Camille Coduri.
In Person: Cast of Wicked (Broadway 2008), Cast of Xanadu (Broadway 2009), Cast of Equus (Broadway 2009), Cast of RENT: The Broadway Tour (2009), The Goo Goo Dolls, Naia Kete
Waiting for: Joshua Jackson, Seth Gabel, John Noble, Jasika Nicole.
Writing To: Kevin Corrigan, Blair Brown, Anna Torv, Meghan Markle.
Most Wanted: Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, JK Rowling, others here.
bud simpson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bud simpson »

No I don't think so. Baker tends to write his name much smaller than this. Also I'm not comfortable it's from ebay.
DAY TRIPPER
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DAY TRIPPER »

sorry to deceive you.
this was a test to see who knows the difference between authentic and a forgery.
i happened to obtain this at a recent signing in london.
he also signed the back. even BIGGER then the one on the front.

extra photos are on my facebook. public profile

capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

Why are you trying to trap Bud?
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
Isaiah
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Isaiah »

capmonte wrote:Why are you trying to trap Bud?
Day Tripper already explained that it was a test.

Isaiah
World's biggest Yoko Ono fan!
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

Isaiah wrote:

Isaiah
I understand that, it just seems like a "nah nah nah" thing to do.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
Isaiah
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Isaiah »

capmonte wrote:
Isaiah wrote:

Isaiah
I understand that, it just seems like a "nah nah nah" thing to do.
Perhaps, but I also can see to a certain extent why he/she/they would have chosen to have done this. There are a significant number of people on this forum who comment on the authenticity of signatures that they have minimal experience with. For example, it seems as if one person ignorantly proclaims that a signature received TTM is secretarial, many people seem to repeat this statement as if they knew it to be true. I've seen it happen before. Quite often, in fact.

Isaiah
World's biggest Yoko Ono fan!
DAY TRIPPER
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DAY TRIPPER »

yes it is a bit childish fror me to have done this.
i do have a reason.

bud seems to have nothing better to do then to upset people on here.
he claims to have been a collector for 30 years but doesnt really know what hes talking about when it comes to authentics.

time and time again ive seen him upset people by telling them theres autos are fake with no proff.

hes also started leaving rude comments to people just because they wanted a autograph from a certain celeb or just because thet are happy with receiving pre-prints

and he continues to "spam" topics. you can see pages and pages where he just goes on and on about the same thing, again upsetting people and getting there topics blocked.

i knew bud would comment on this topic, and i knew he would claim it to be fake. hes very predictable.

i dont mean to upset anyone on here, dont think any less of me. ive been on here for a few years, i stopped posting my successes a long time ago because of the stupid comments made by people. but im hppy to still give advice to people and help them out with anything. and i hate seeing ignorant people ruin other members feedback.

im no expert on autos myself. i dont claim to be one and put a crimp on any success that people get on here
bud simpson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bud simpson »

It was an honest mistake on my part. Like I've said the signature look "funny" to me because the Tom Bakers I have in my collection the signatures are all small in size. When I saw the large/bold Baker signature I assumed it to be fake. Believe me I went back and forth on this because otherwise it did look good. Though I pride myself on finding fakes we are only human so we do make mistakes.
Also daytripper was it really necessary to make all those harsh remarks to me? Yeah, I know sometimes I get a little "angry" at some of my reponses to some of the readers and I apologies for that. Trust me I'm not on this site just to upset people. I'm only trying to help out in my own way. And I do think with the years I've been collecting I tend to know something about this hobby. Again I am only human and I do make mistakes. I never claimed I was perfect.
Daytripper, I'll try to be more respectful to the other readers. Also I will try to stop "repeating" myself when it comes to the TTM, ebay and preprints. And please if my comments tend to "stray" away from the main point please PM and let me know.
Sometimes I let my negative feelings get in the way. I have always respected the readers of FanMail and never ment any harm.