Bernadette Peters (A Little Night Music) requests donations

Send your feedback for a movie set / theatre address you have tested.
Forum rules
Sponsored link: Try Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial

Image Upload your pictures here: Surf My Pictures | Google Photos | Imgbb | Tumblr | Imgur

Image Search the message board Image
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Bernadette Peters (A Little Night Music) requests donations

Post by arrowsup »

I sent Ms. Peters a LOR, SASE, and two photos to:

Bernadette Peters
c/o Walter Kerr Theatre
219 West 48th St
New York, NY 10019

per her assistant's instructions a check to her favorite charity is on its way to Broadway.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7186/002xp.jpg
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Bernadette Peters (A Little Night Music) requests donations

Post by capmonte »

Broadway Barks, right? That's the check I sent.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by arrowsup »

capmonte wrote:Broadway Barks, right? That's the check I sent.
The letter says Barc Shelter, but her annual benefit is called Broadway Barks, so that should work.
velvetgold
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by velvetgold »

Hmm... I don't know how I feel about celebrities doing this. I mean it's a fantastic gesture on the one hand, and it isn't like the money is going to her. But let's say I didn't know about this and already sent in a request.. I don't think it's that polite to send everything back blank in YOUR return envelope. And what if people simply don't have $10 extra dollars to spare at the moment on an animal shelter? She should send a small note back with her autograph making people aware of the charity and people can donate out of goodwill if they choose.
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by arrowsup »

velvetgold wrote:Hmm... I don't know how I feel about celebrities doing this. I mean it's a fantastic gesture on the one hand, and it isn't like the money is going to her. But let's say I didn't know about this and already sent in a request.. I don't think it's that polite to send everything back blank in YOUR return envelope. And what if people simply don't have $10 extra dollars to spare at the moment on an animal shelter? She should send a small note back with her autograph making people aware of the charity and people can donate out of goodwill if they choose.
They didn't send anything back. the note posted above came in a #10 envelope. I think $10 is really reasonable, especially when you consider that for that amount she will provide the photograph as well.
velvetgold
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by velvetgold »

arrowsup wrote:
velvetgold wrote:Hmm... I don't know how I feel about celebrities doing this. I mean it's a fantastic gesture on the one hand, and it isn't like the money is going to her. But let's say I didn't know about this and already sent in a request.. I don't think it's that polite to send everything back blank in YOUR return envelope. And what if people simply don't have $10 extra dollars to spare at the moment on an animal shelter? She should send a small note back with her autograph making people aware of the charity and people can donate out of goodwill if they choose.
They didn't send anything back. the note posted above came in a #10 envelope. I think $10 is really reasonable, especially when you consider that for that amount she will provide the photograph as well.

So they kept everything you sent? Gee, that's nice...
And yeah, $10.00 is not asking much, but for some people, it is a lot to spend on an animal shelter. And I mean specifying an amount too? That's kind of ... forward.
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

To me it's pretty simple. If I have the $10, I'll send it. If I don't, I'll wait until I do. I want to write to Jane Seymour, who also requests a $10 donation to her charity, I just can't do it right now. Come payday, or the next, I probably will.

Considering you're getting an authentic autograph, I really don't think $10 is a lot to ask. At least it's not going directly into her pocket, which is not the case with certain celebs who charge far more than $10.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
TheScarletPimpernel

Post by TheScarletPimpernel »

I'm on the OK bus with this. Often times, celebrities are much more kind to the people if they have made the donation - Petula Clark for example only sent out head shots, but when I wrote her my letter and explained a little bit about me, she threw in an addition SUNSET BOULEVARD Musical picture, as well as took the decency to write a little note back.

Not to mention you know it's authentic, and you've helped something or someone out while getting something you want.

As an American, I'm baffled at how our society feels so entitled to getting everything NOW and FOR FREE. If I have to be living in communist conditions with Obama's new policies he wants to put in, then everyone has to (Random, probably unapplicable political rant over!). $10 if not going to kill you, and if you can't afford it, you can't. Go to NYC and wait outside the stagedoor and see if she comes out for free then.
WONDERLAND:Alice's New Musical Adventure enjoyed a short, but sweet run on Broadway in Spring of 2011!

-- GREG :D
velvetgold
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by velvetgold »

TheScarletPimpernel wrote:I'm on the OK bus with this. Often times, celebrities are much more kind to the people if they have made the donation - Petula Clark for example only sent out head shots, but when I wrote her my letter and explained a little bit about me, she threw in an addition SUNSET BOULEVARD Musical picture, as well as took the decency to write a little note back.

Not to mention you know it's authentic, and you've helped something or someone out while getting something you want.

As an American, I'm baffled at how our society feels so entitled to getting everything NOW and FOR FREE. If I have to be living in communist conditions with Obama's new policies he wants to put in, then everyone has to (Random, probably unapplicable political rant over!). $10 if not going to kill you, and if you can't afford it, you can't. Go to NYC and wait outside the stagedoor and see if she comes out for free then.

Can I just point out that sending out requests is not free. The cost of the envelope, getting a photo professionally printed, paying postage there and back, adds up to about $4/5 per request. So it's not free. Just thought I'd point that out.

But I agree, $10 is NOT a lot to ask, especially since its going to a great cause. I'm just playing devil's advocate here :)
carlyscala
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by carlyscala »

If you don't want to pay ten dollars, it asks you send your own photo...I don't think that's unreasonable to ask as I always send my own photos. I expect it all to cost something as its a hobby and its going to cost money. I think this is a generous idea.
At the Deathly Hallows Part II premiere in NYC!
20, huge HP fan, will go to great lengths to see my
favorite cast again and again in person! :)

Favorite successes: HP trio in person, JK Rowling, all my HP autos in fact, Chuck Palahniuk, Richard Nixon (passed to me from my grandfather), Barack Obama in person, Andy Pettitte, James Franco
TWITTER: @carlyscala
My autograph blog...newly created! Still working on it :) http://carlyscala.blogspot.com/