Via Venue more successful?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
twirler1018
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Via Venue more successful?

Post by twirler1018 »

If someone has an agency address and a via venue address, would the via venue have a better chance of replying? Or would it depend on the person? I'm new at collecting and am curious.
Collected Autographs: Steve Smith, Savannah Outen

Most Wanted: Amanda Seyfried, Jack Black, Emma Watson, Dakota Fanning, Abigail Breslin, Nicholas Sparks, and Rachel McAdams
flashman441
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Via Venue more successful?

Post by flashman441 »

It all depends.. The via venue is kind of a hit or miss. 50/50 chance. An agency sometimes are good with handling fanmail while others are not so good. Personally its up in the air!
twirler1018
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by twirler1018 »

Okay, thanks for the input!
Collected Autographs: Steve Smith, Savannah Outen

Most Wanted: Amanda Seyfried, Jack Black, Emma Watson, Dakota Fanning, Abigail Breslin, Nicholas Sparks, and Rachel McAdams
tarrbear
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tarrbear »

It also depends on who you are writing to as well. Some will reply through VV but not TTM. An example of this is Britney Spears, she is good to write VV, while not so much TTM.

Its really a up in the air question, there is no true answer.
cklamer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cklamer »

Here is a perfect example.

I mailed Catherine Zeta-Jones back in October of 2009 and I have not heard a thing back on that.

But I mailed to her at the play A Little Night Music and within 3 weeks I had two pictures back from her signed and I was thrilled. Then she won the Tony about a week or so later for her role.

I was also able to get James Earl Jones and Phyllicia Rishad when they were in England doing a play.

I have a few out right now and I hope I get a response but you never really know if they are going to refuse or not.

Sometimes it's just being in the right place at the right time.
SgtPencilPepperBand
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SgtPencilPepperBand »

Like others said, it depends. I get most of my individual successes from theatres and such because I know that the stage manager will hand it to the person. I hardly ever try via agency, but there's an exception if I can't find another address.
Waiting for: Wicked, Billy Elliot, Lady Gaga.
Playbills: Rock of Ages, Hair, West Side Story, Mamma Mia!, South Pacific, Promises, Promises, American Idiot, God of Carnage, Next To Normal
Favorite(s): Daniel Radcliffe, Jay Sean

My name's Cassandra. Sadly. http://peppersautographs.weebly.com/