Harry Potter Vs Twilight! Which Do you Prefer?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Harry Potter Vs Twilight! Which Do you Prefer?

Post by osiris »

^ Was there any need for that? Really? I happen to prefer Underworld and other stories with more "classic" Vampires and Werewolves. The Werewolves look more like I'd expect Werewolves to look. Not just the Big Dog style in Twilight (which others may prefer, going more for the "pack" idea that Twilight has). Got a problem with that?
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

osiris wrote: Oh. And vampires don't sparkle. EVER. Sparkle sparkle marble marble barf barf. If I want Vampires vs Werewolves I'll watch Underworld. Now those are proper Werewolves.
..... I cannot believe I just read that.I may be sleep-deprived and in a bad mood lol, but still,tired or not, I simply cannot fathom how such a moronic statement has just been made, by ostensibly a intelligent person. Sigh....
I agree with osiris here. Some people are into it, but I just don't like my vampires to sparkle or my werewolves to look like guidos that transform into large dogs.
teamDAMON4ever
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by teamDAMON4ever »

OMG! TWILIGHT! haha, I'm a big fan :)
carlyscala
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by carlyscala »

Jaffer, I think the point of this was to give your own views without really attacking other peoples hahaha. And if we're doing a discussion on the books and movies vs. the books and movies, then a debate over the actors is certainly allowed in this thread. Excuse my self-righteous babbling, of course.
At the Deathly Hallows Part II premiere in NYC!
20, huge HP fan, will go to great lengths to see my
favorite cast again and again in person! :)

Favorite successes: HP trio in person, JK Rowling, all my HP autos in fact, Chuck Palahniuk, Richard Nixon (passed to me from my grandfather), Barack Obama in person, Andy Pettitte, James Franco
TWITTER: @carlyscala
My autograph blog...newly created! Still working on it :) http://carlyscala.blogspot.com/
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by arrowsup »

dfreely wrote: I agree with osiris here. Some people are into it, but I just don't like my vampires to sparkle or my werewolves to look like guidos that transform into large dogs.
What's with the derogatory remark?...don't you like Italians?
harrypotterfan.
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by harrypotterfan. »

me i like both but if i had to pick one i would twilight {??}
most wanted rachel weisz emma waston shailene woodley zoe kravtis city of bones cast hunger games cast. Harry potter cast melissa mccarthy jenny mccarthy cast of pitch perfect suzanne Collins Anna Kendrick
sarah hyland dominic sherwood cast of the vampier academy the cast of the originals lucy fry bruno mars macklmore Chris pine c c hunter j.k Rowling James and Oliver phelps clemence poesy fault in our stars cast Elle fanning
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

arrowsup wrote:
dfreely wrote: I agree with osiris here. Some people are into it, but I just don't like my vampires to sparkle or my werewolves to look like guidos that transform into large dogs.
Derogatory? As long as I've known the word, it defines a certain look and lifestyle the same way hipster, teenybopper, etc would. It also does not necessarily have be to Italians, I've met my fair share of those who aren't. I suppose Jersey Shore did it no favors though, so if you're offended, I apologize.
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by arrowsup »

dfreely wrote:
arrowsup wrote:
Derogatory? As long as I've known the word, it defines a certain look and lifestyle the same way hipster, teenybopper, etc would. It also does not necessarily have be to Italians, I've met my fair share of those who aren't. I suppose Jersey Shore did it no favors though, so if you're offended, I apologize.
Thought you should know...it could get you into trouble someday....here's the definition:
Guido (English pronunciation: /??wi?do?/) is a slang term for a lower class urban Italian American. The guido stereotype is multi-faceted. Primarily, it is used as a demeaning term for Italian Americans, as the word guido is derived from either the Italian proper name Guido or a conjugation of the Italian verb guidare ("to drive"). [1] More recently, it has come to also encompass Italians who conduct themselves as thugs with an overtly macho attitude
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

It never has, and that should be saying something given that I grew up and live in an Italian neighborhood with quite a few. I can understand the way MTV markets Jersey Shore will piss off a lot of people, but most people understand that it's a style and way of life and not a slur (regardless of personal opinion of it), and that Italian =/= guido and vice versa.
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by arrowsup »

dfreely wrote:It never has, and that should be saying something given that I grew up and live in an Italian neighborhood with quite a few. I can understand the way MTV markets Jersey Shore will **** off a lot of people, but most people understand that it's a style and way of life and not a slur (regardless of personal opinion of it), and that Italian =/= guido and vice versa.

:roll: