IM SO ANGRY -__-

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
panabakerxstar
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

IM SO ANGRY -__-

Post by panabakerxstar »

okay well today i sent a letter to clemence poesy (fluer delacour from HP) okay it included sae with ircs letter. a christmas card. 3 beautiful gloss photos of her and well on the address it has paris in there and i forgot to write the country and wen i went to the post. They lady told me to put Italy and well I was in a bit of a rush so yeah italy is on the address and its actually France! Any ideas wether it'll actually get sent to clemence? Has anyone eles ever made a mistake like this. im so dissapointed..
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: IM SO ANGRY -__-

Post by TheCollector »

panabakerxstar wrote:okay well today i sent a letter to clemence poesy (fluer delacour from HP) okay it included sae with ircs letter. a christmas card. 3 beautiful gloss photos of her and well on the address it has paris in there and i forgot to write the country and wen i went to the post. They lady told me to put Italy and well I was in a bit of a rush so yeah italy is on the address and its actually France! Any ideas wether it'll actually get sent to clemence? Has anyone eles ever made a mistake like this. im so dissapointed..
Hi panabakerxstar {up}

My guess is it may well end up going to the correct place, providing someone looks at it properly at the sorting office!

It depends how vigilant they are :wink:

If not, at worst you should get it back as a "return to sender" providing you put your own address on the envelope. What I am guessing will happen is that it goes to Italy first, and then the Italian postal service will redirect it to France.

You are lucky it is going to a well known city like Paris - this gives you a much greater chance that it will eventually end up at the right place!

Just one question though, if you knew that Paris is the capital city of France, why did you put Italy on as the country :? :lol:

Good luck :mrgreen:
Ian

Post by Guest »

Well, i forgot to include the country wen i was at the post, so wen i got there, the lady was like put italy on the bottom and im like isnt it france and then she said no paris is in italy so im THINKING shes the post lady, she should know what shes doing, so i write it down and she puts the sticker on the corner italy air post, later i go home and ask a whole bunch of ppl and they said it was suppose to be france, thats wen i realize so yeah
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

:lol:

I would say your post lady needs to re-take Geography :P (D-Minus :lol: )

Ian :mrgreen:
panabakerxstar
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by panabakerxstar »

Lols ;] yup yup sigh i hope it does get there tho!
YOURS_SINCERELY
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by YOURS_SINCERELY »

Ian is right on that one... it should go to Italy and then France (unless there is a vigilant sorter in the post office in America), clearly the woman who served you was either tired and not thinking straight or just plain thick! I hope your letter reaches its desired location.

All the best with your collection,

YOURS_SINCERELY
"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."
Margaret Thatcher.
the music lives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by the music lives »

you can also get ahold of Clemence via the Leavesden studios adress most potterkids actors use, if this one fails.

c/o Harry Potter Production,
Leavesden Studios
PO Box 3000
Hertfordshire
WD2 7LT
United Kingdom
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

the music lives wrote:you can also get ahold of Clemence via the Leavesden studios adress most potterkids actors use, if this one fails.

c/o Harry Potter Production,
Leavesden Studios
PO Box 3000
Hertfordshire
WD2 7LT
United Kingdom
Hi the music lives {up}

You are right with the Leaveden address. In fact you should be able to reach most of the Harry Potter cast at that address.

The actual address is slightly different from the one you gave though, it should be:

c/o Leavesden Studios
PO Box 3000
Leavesden
North Watford
Herfordshire
WD25 7LT

Trust me, my agent is based less than 1/2 mile from the studios, and I have been there several times :P

IanImage
the music lives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by the music lives »

ahhh okay, the one i got was off Mugglenet, maybe it was just a typo?
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

the music lives wrote:ahhh okay, the one i got was off Mugglenet, maybe it was just a typo?
Hi the music lives {up}

No, it was right up until 2001 and then the Royal Mail decided it was going to confuse everybody by adding another digit to the postcode :lol:

Basically any WD2 postcodes became either WD24 or WD25 - It was supposed to be in an attempt to free up extra numbers, more like an exercise in futility if you ask me :lol:

I still get mail addressed to WD2 though, so I'm guessing it doesn't make that much difference!

IanImage