TWILIGHT MOVIE NEWS (GOOD AND BAD NEWS)!! COMMENT!

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

TWILIGHT MOVIE NEWS (GOOD AND BAD NEWS)!! COMMENT!

Post by musicfan »

First the good news:

Summit Entertainment is working on splitting Breaking Dawn into two films. Not so great: after Twilight became a hit they locked down the actors for four movies, not for five. The studio is working to get all the deals in place so the fourth film can be released November 2011 and the fifth in summer 2012, but they are finding some contracts challenging and it's stalling the planning.

Breath in and out Twihards, agreements for Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner, who recently taped a Twilight Oprah episode, are close to being finalized (each of the stars are getting big pay raises). Word is it's Ashley Greene, who headed to Starbucks on Monday (May 10), and Kellan Lutz who want more than the studio is willing to give them. The actors feel they should have a decent cut of the billion-dollar franchise, and the studio is trying to keep the budget in check, especially with the hike in pay for the leads. They will be filming the next installments back to back to cut costs and are considering shooting in Louisiana where there are tax incentives. The studio is not willing to spend more money on these two. "We may have a situation where one of them is thrown out on the street to make a point," says a source close to the dealmaking.

Lutz and Greene should probably chill out if they want to be in the last movie, because Summit does not mess around. When they want to pull the trigger on a movie and your not making things easy you're out faster than you can say bam. It would be too bad to see characters replaced that far into the series, even if they only have five lines.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? :)

Favorite Successes:

Britney Spears (VV), Cheetah Girls, Danity Kane, Selena Gomez, Jeff Dunham (VV), and George Lopez (VV Super Success)! :)
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: TWILIGHT MOVIE NEWS (GOOD AND BAD NEWS)!! COMMENT!

Post by Jaffer »

I don't like the idea of splitting it into two films, it screams of a blatant cash grab to me. And I am already annoyed that they replaced Victoria, I hope they do not do it again. It is the studios own fault for getting greedy which has led to this inevitable situation. I am sure the movie will make more then enough money, I don't see why they don't just pay them more and get on with it.
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

Jaffer wrote:I don't like the idea of splitting it into two films, it screams of a blatant cash grab to me. And I am already annoyed that they replaced Victoria, I hope they do not do it again. It is the studios own fault for getting greedy which has led to this inevitable situation. I am sure the movie will make more then enough money, I don't see why they don't just pay them more and get on with it.
i totally agree with you...its all about the MONEY...lol. but its the whole EGO Thing as well...Kellan and Ashley need to understand that they arent Robert, Taylor and Kristen so they are the main characters so they kinda need to understrand that not everyone will get the same $ amount... :)

Favorite Successes:

Britney Spears (VV), Cheetah Girls, Danity Kane, Selena Gomez, Jeff Dunham (VV), and George Lopez (VV Super Success)! :)
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

Thats a good point. Although, to be fair to those two, the article does not state that they want the salary of the three stars, nor does it publish what they are asking for. For all we know, it is the standard amount for a supporting cast member in a blockbuster. But as you said, it is all about the money- that is why 3d is popular, it makes tickets more expensive! But as I said before, if they stuck to their original plan, this would not have happened. Lol, if they wanted to save money, I would have thought simple logic would dictate making the sequel a sole, "epic" movie (maybe 2 and a half hours?)
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by omgitscaro »

Oh course it's about money--isn't that what Hollywood's about nowadays? :lol:

I don't really see a need for it, the other ones weren't split up, why should this one be? :razz:

Oh btw, isn't Harry Potter making a 2-part film aswell? I see competiton... :shock:
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

omgitscaro wrote:Oh course it's about money--isn't that what Hollywood's about nowadays? :lol:

I don't really see a need for it, the other ones weren't split up, why should this one be? :razz:

Oh btw, isn't Harry Potter making a 2-part film aswell? I see competiton... :shock:
but kellan andshley will never get as much as taylor and robert....so they need to get over it.. :) i love them both but anyone would be willing to play their parts...lol..

Favorite Successes:

ToTheSea
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ToTheSea »

I really hate it when a film that should cover the entirety of the book it's based upon, is split up into two parts. Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows, and Breaking Dawn, should be released as epics with long running-times.
ursha
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ursha »

Splitting into 2 movies sounds totally good to me. What I hate more is when there's 3/4 of the book missing in a movie. So that's fine with me...
About Ashley and Kellan...I don'0t want them out and what I'm wondering is how much of this is the truth. If they really want more money or that's just something we were told. And there are already maaaany pissed fans because of this. And like I read on one forum-it's normal that agents try to get as much money as possible, someone that works in the film industry said that things like this happen every day.
But Twilight without Ashley and Kellan is not Twilight anymore.
Thanks to Seb for my beautiful set! :)

Favourites: Kellan Lutz!, David Wenham!, Frank W. Abagnale, Tom Felton, Billy Boyd,
Adrien Brody, Channing Tatum, Geoffrey Rush, Robert Pattinson, Ian Somerhalder
Most wanted: Dominic Monaghan, Amanda Bynes, Heath Ledger (RIP)
Last one received: James Franco

{star} My Autograph Website
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

I would personally be so happy if they do split Breaking Dawn into two films. I thought New Moon did not flow as well as it could have, I felt that particularly towards the end they had tried to squash too much into the little time that they had left. Since I had read the book first I noticed several things that had been cut out which I felt should have been in the film, but obviously had to be cut in order the get the film to an adequate length. I was actually thinking a few days ago that if New Moon seemed rushed, then how could they possibly turn Breaking Dawn into a flowing movie with it being even longer? I would be so glad if they do definitely make it into the 2 films as I think the quality and flow of the story would be far greater. That's just my opinion though! :)
Thanks -Lil1- for the amazing set!
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

ToTheSea wrote:I really hate it when a film that should cover the entirety of the book it's based upon, is split up into two parts. Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows, and Breaking Dawn, should be released as epics with long running-times.
Agreed. It is an insult to the target audience, as apart from the obvious financial benefits of splitting it up, they don't think teenagers can handle a three hour movie. Goodfellas, Apocalypse Now, Once Upon a time in America, all classic movies with long running times