Birthday cards

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
CJL
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Birthday cards

Post by CJL »

Hi all,

New here, I was just wondering if anyone could help me with an idea I have. I am planning on sending blank birthday cards to certain celebrities, in the hope of receiving some back signed for my sisters birthday. As its her 21st I thought it'd be good, and something to remember, to get some of her favourite celebs to have signed a birthday card to her.

Does anyone see any problems? Is there a decent chance of getting some replies?

Just to add, I plan on sending the card, along with a note informing them its for my sisters 21st and a pre stamped envelope with my address on.

And the final queston, as some of the celebs have same management, would you recommend sending a few cards in same package with a note, or keep them all seperate?

Thanks.
crisabell
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Birthday cards

Post by crisabell »

I would send them all seperate. I know it cost more, but it's not like they can have all the celebs come in to sign, because they can't give it to them, because there is one SASE, so they might get lost in other fanmail, and stuff, (if my run-on sentence makes any sense.) Otherwise, I think that is a fabulous idea! Good Luck w/ your requests!!
____________________________________________________________________________________

So...basically...I'm in love with Harry Styles.
"shot me outta the sky, you're my kryptonite."

Most Recent Successes: Demi Lovato TTM, Allisyn Ashley Arm TTM
Most Wanted: Josh Hutcherson, One Direction.
____________________________________________________________________________________
CJL
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CJL »

Thanks for the quick replies!

I'll follow the advice you both gave and send them seperate.

Thanks again!
coolmoors

Post by coolmoors »

Seems like a good idea. I would say it might work. And, I suggest sending them seperately.

THANKS BOBBY!

Credit to nicole175 for the Bobby Cox sig.

Credit to me for the Chipper Jones sig.

Please feel free to pm me if you need any help.

I am jhey99's father on Pat Neshek's message board.
I am also bravesautographs on Baseball Fever.

Trusted buyers, sellers, and traders: cards918, Paigey012, jjj, stephj32, _Christopher_ ,Classikmetal, colinjames, gatornation95, JoshProductions, SugarBearAMB, t-cards, and Theone30
Phoebe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Phoebe »

Hello CJL,

That's a really lovely idea! Other users here have done the same and been successful, so it's definitely worth a try. All I would say is to make sure you send your requests well in advance, as some people may take a few months to respond. Yes unfortunately despite lots of people sharing the same agency you'll need to send individually with separate SASEs too. :) Who are you planning on writing to? To get an idea of whether they are likely to respond or not, check the database for previous feedbacks.

Good luck! {up}

Phoebe :D
"My heart will be blessed, with the Sound of Music"

Most recent feedbacks:
TTM: Georgie Henley, Amanda Drew, Steph Fearon
In Person: Spider's Web touring cast, Matthew Needham & Oliver Cotton
Sent most recently: Sir. Michael Gambon, Himesh Patel, Steph Fearon
CJL
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CJL »

Thanks for the replies and advice.

I have started sending the cards out along with a SASE and a note to inform them what it is for.

Pheobe- I made a list of celebrities she likes and have looked on this site for the addresses and also looked to see who is most likely to reply. I've sent to celebs such as Ant and Dec, The Saturdays, Michael Mcintyre and Holly Willoughby.

I'll update with how things go, I know its unlikely to get them all back, but just a few would be nice to give her on birthday.

Thanks again for all your help.
CJL
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CJL »

Well after the help and advice you gave me, thought I'd just update on the replies I've had. Philip Scholfield, David Jason and Holly Willoughby sent signed photo's in the birthday card. James May, Stephen Fry, Jeff Stelling and Piers Morgan wrote out the cards whilst Ricky Gervais kindly did both.
Really pleased to have had such good replies, and hopefully a few more will arrive in the next month.

Thanks again for your help.
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

I once wrote a letter to Sam Waterston asking him to send a picture to my sister for her birthday; it came a few months late, but he had inscribed it to her and wrote "happy birthday!" Very nice, and she was super excited (us being big Law and Order fans).
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)