Talk shows??

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
synclaire
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Talk shows??

Post by synclaire »

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a celeb on a talk show like Ellen or Oprah,should I write the letter to the talk show host and tell them that I am a huge fan etc. or tell them to pass it to the celeb? {up} .Is there any chance they will pass it to the celebrity?I remembered sometime,I read that someone got there pics signed when they wrote through mtv when a band was on and the host got them to sign it for the fan....What's the best thing I should do?Anything would help.Thanks ;-)

Synclaire
{??}
synclaire
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Talk shows??

Post by synclaire »

Is there anyonw who can help??????? :shock:
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

It's possible, but can be hard. Most talk show episodes are done several days in advance so when you actually see it on TV, it could have been a whole week since they filmed it. So you'd need to find out well in advance of the actual taping what celebs are going to be on what show.

Also, most people don't know this either, but late shows like David Letterman and Jimmy Kimmel are filmed in the afternoon and not really done at 12:00 like they seem on TV. :lol:

RYAN J. 8)
synclaire
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by synclaire »

RYAN J. wrote:It's possible, but can be hard. Most talk show episodes are done several days in advance so when you actually see it on TV, it could have been a whole week since they filmed it. So you'd need to find out well in advance of the actual taping what celebs are going to be on what show.

Also, most people don't know this either, but late shows like David Letterman and Jimmy Kimmel are filmed in the afternoon and not really done at 12:00 like they seem on TV. :lol:

RYAN J. 8)

I don't know if you'll know but if it's oprah,you know how many days before???It's kinda a last minute appearance I found so I really want to know how many days before..Thanks alot
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

Not worth it in my opinion. I haven't heard about talk shows being a viable connection between fans and celebrities, unless it was a sob story the show could use to milk.
RYAN J. wrote: Also, most people don't know this either, but late shows like David Letterman and Jimmy Kimmel are filmed in the afternoon and not really done at 12:00 like they seem on TV. :lol:
I think most people already know this. Even the hosts themselves often make sarcastic remarks about it on air, and you can clearly see the time of day during outdoor segments. In the case of Jimmy Kimmel though, it's actually shot at night and not during the afternoon like the other late night shows. At one point, it was actually shot live.
synclaire
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by synclaire »

Ok,thanks....I'm still deciding if to send it...
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Sorry, Since I don't send to Talk shows I wouldn't know when to send out for them. And dfreely, I realize that most people knew that, but there's still a few precent of them who don't know. like the ones who think that Elvis is still alive. :lol:

RYAN J. 8)
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

RYAN J. wrote:And dfreely, I realize that most people knew that, but there's still a few precent of them who don't know. like the ones who think that Elvis is still alive.
Yes, most people do know that, which is why I thought it was weird when you initially said "most people don't know this". Just a remark though.
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

synclaire: i have tried writing to Oprah in april of 2009 and still no answer so i wouldnt reccomend it.. {up} if i get a photo i will let you know :mrgreen:

Favorite Successes:

Britney Spears (VV), Cheetah Girls, Danity Kane, Selena Gomez, Jeff Dunham (VV), and George Lopez (VV Super Success)! :)
coolmoors

Post by coolmoors »

Possible, but, its rare....

THANKS BOBBY!

Credit to nicole175 for the Bobby Cox sig.

Credit to me for the Chipper Jones sig.

Please feel free to pm me if you need any help.

I am jhey99's father on Pat Neshek's message board.
I am also bravesautographs on Baseball Fever.

Trusted buyers, sellers, and traders: cards918, Paigey012, jjj, stephj32, _Christopher_ ,Classikmetal, colinjames, gatornation95, JoshProductions, SugarBearAMB, t-cards, and Theone30