28 autographs received today, all requested through email

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
TheImpaler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

28 autographs received today, all requested through email

Post by TheImpaler »

I guess that Eyjafjallajökull volcano is to blame that in the last 3 days I got no autographs TTM. But today I've got 28 envelopes in my mailbox. See here: http://autographvip.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... nului.html
That's a new record for me, last one was set in March, with 14 autographs in mail in the same day. Oldest requests are from end of December, newst from 15 April.

Here is the list:

Lahna Turner
HR Horvitz, Nobel prize winner
Rod Stewart
Ben Stiller
Matthew Fox
Drew Barrymore
Benicio del Toro
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Jennifer Aniston
Tom Jones
Elisha Cuthbert
Candice Bergen
Cybill Sheperd
Don Johnson
Hale Berry
Carmen Electra
Michelle Williams
Ed O'Neill
Lisa Kudrow
Christian Slater
Poppy Montgomery
Juliette Lewis
Cuba Gooding, Jr.
Henry Winkler
Matt Leblanc
Fred Savage

in the evening:
Yanina Wickmayer
RJ Roberts, Nobel prize winner

It's true that many of them are from studio fan mail, so there are not counted as true successes by the real collectors. But still, it's a nice feeling to wake up and find a full mailbox in the morning. One of the autographs that I received today is worth 250$ on a well respected autograph dealer website. I'm not selling, I'm not buying, I'm only collecting, and write to only the ones I like - but I can't help to notice that, cause the only thing I invested is the time to find the address and to write the email.

I know that Quantity does not mean Quality, but still: What is your personal record?

cheers
Last edited by TheImpaler on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In person autographs from: John Malkovich, Brian May, Mike Tyson, Liz Mitchell, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Fabio Capello, Lech Walesa, Charles Duke, Francis Ford Coppola, Al Jareau, Gheorghe Hagi, Chester Williams, Nadia Comaneci, Ilie Nastase.
jojolove
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: 26 autographs received today, all requested through email

Post by jojolove »

I know the feeling of a nice mailman,there have been days he has had to come to the door because they all wouldn't fit in the mailbox but that includes fan packs from almost every baseball,football and basketball team,they can get big sometimes and I think the most studio fan mail I got at one time is about eight,I get about one autograph a day most days,but I have sent out hundreds of requests so expect to,I won't even begin to tell you on the ones I'm waiting on,the list is huge,but I get a nice surprise at times,that's why I love mail time,I'm a disabled vet and autograph collecting is my hobby,congrad's on the good payday you hit the jackpot that day,now good luck every day after
sabrinaalexandra
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sabrinaalexandra »

that is insane! i get like.. one or two on a good day. but i also don't send out to anyone unless i really like them.
TheImpaler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheImpaler »

jojolove wrote:I know the feeling of a nice mailman,there have been days he has had to come to the door because they all wouldn't fit in the mailbox but that includes fan packs from almost every baseball,football and basketball team,they can get big sometimes and I think the most studio fan mail I got at one time is about eight,I get about one autograph a day most days,but I have sent out hundreds of requests so expect to,I won't even begin to tell you on the ones I'm waiting on,the list is huge,but I get a nice surprise at times,that's why I love mail time,I'm a disabled vet and autograph collecting is my hobby,congrad's on the good payday you hit the jackpot that day,now good luck every day after

thank you and congrats to you too, hope you will beat my record some of these days. I'm sure you will if you sent so many requests. And yeah, it's a very nice feeling to wait the mail time. My only concern is that my mailman does not understand what DO NOT BEND means and imagine what he is doing every time when I receive an envelope bigger than my mailbox...
In person autographs from: John Malkovich, Brian May, Mike Tyson, Liz Mitchell, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Fabio Capello, Lech Walesa, Charles Duke, Francis Ford Coppola, Al Jareau, Gheorghe Hagi, Chester Williams, Nadia Comaneci, Ilie Nastase.
TheImpaler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheImpaler »

sabrinaalexandra wrote:that is insane! i get like.. one or two on a good day. but i also don't send out to anyone unless i really like them.
one or two each day is fine too :)
thehunterwhowins
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by thehunterwhowins »

I'v been geting one or two a day but the most I ever got was about 8, all from international senders!
Sledge
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sledge »

Best I ever got was 5 in one day. (That was a good day). I usually get one or two. If I got 26 in one day I think my letter box would break.
TheImpaler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheImpaler »

Sledge wrote:If I got 26 in one day I think my letter box would break.
but you'd love that, wouldn't you? ;-)

cheers
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

I can't remember ever getting any more than about 5 or 6 in one day.
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
TheImpaler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheImpaler »

well, I totally forgot that in an hour or so the postman will be back with his evening tour. it will be really insane to get some more today :shock: insane, but not impossible :lol: