Is there anybody on here who is actually happy about success

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
cleilich
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Is there anybody on here who is actually happy about success

Post by cleilich »

It seems like there are a ton of negative people on here. Proclaiming that everyone's success is fake or ap or pp or secretarial. Just be happy about someones success. Instead of automatically saying its not authentic. {??}
Favorite Autographs : Blake Griffin, Boba Fett Jeremy Bulloch, Bill Stewart, Bob Huggins, Patrick Willis, Frank Gore, Peyton Manning, Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Ultimate Warrior, Kyle Busch

Recently Recieved : Bill Cosby, Terry Bradshaw, Bob Saget

Waiting : Chad Knaus, Blake Griffin, Dolly Parton, Jimmy Carter, Sam Huff, Jim Harbaugh, Tokio Hotel, Robert Pattinon, Warwick Davis, Edge, Jimmie Johnson, Danica Patrick, Rob Zombie, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, Kristen Stewart, Dane Cook, Wes Craven, Brett Favre, Alex Smith, Drew Brees, Taylor Mays

Most Wanted : Edge, Warwick Davis, Jerry Rice, Brad Pitt, Amanda Bynes, Arnold Scwarzenegger, Garth Brooks, Jeff Gordon, Joe Montana, Jim Harbaugh, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Albert Pujols, Hank Aaron, Chipper Jones,
Doug McD
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Is there anybody on here who is actually happy about success

Post by Doug McD »

Its the nature of internet message boards of any type really. :lol:

That being said this thread should probably be in a different forum. :razz:
Frederik Tolstrup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Frederik Tolstrup »

I agree with you, cleilich!
jsanders4289
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jsanders4289 »

cleilich wrote:It seems like there are a ton of negative people on here. Proclaiming that everyone's success is fake or ap or pp or secretarial. Just be happy about someones success. Instead of automatically saying its not authentic. {??}
totally agree.
JSANDERS4289 - Collecting autographs since '07...

remember to visit http://www.jsandersautos.webs.com
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

i dont like it when someone says the authenticy of the autograph without the user even asking! every john travolta/clint eastwood. some bone head likes to yell out ITS A SEC ( :roll: )
Johnny's Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Johnny's Fan »

If someone asks for an opinion, then it is Ok. It's when people just appear and blunty say "it's an autopen" and then leave, that is really not fair.

I only send to people who are pretty much guaranteed to be genuine, but if I ever sent to someone who was 50/50 on the authenticity side but I believed it was real... I wouldn't post it on here, because someone would just come out with a million reasons why it is fake, and burst my bubble.

Playbills: A Little Night Music (Angela Lansbury), Wicked, A Steady Rain (Daniel Craig & Hugh Jackman), The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera, Blithe Spirit (Angela Lansbury)
Most Wanted: Jason Isaacs, Andy Serkis, Peter Jackson, Johnny Depp
Personalized: 54
Most prized: Cate Blanchett, Tony Shalhoub, Mary Costa, Daniel Craig, Brad Bird, Patti LuPone, Richard Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Aaron Eckhart, John Rhys-Davis, Eli Wallach, David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McKellen
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

Johnny's Fan wrote:If someone asks for an opinion, then it is Ok. It's when people just appear and blunty say "it's an autopen" and then leave, that is really not fair.

I wouldn't post it on here, because someone would just come out with a million reasons why it is fake, and burst my bubble.
i could not agree more!!! well said {up}
Johnny's Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Johnny's Fan »

Thanks! :lol:

And sometimes you can also tell from the poster that they are new to autographs and maybe aren't quite as savvy, so it's doubly mean when the party poopers crash a happy thread, just to parade their "expertise".

I remember when people said James Garner's signature was a sec, and then people started getting a note back saying he could not sign anymore due to health. Either his secratary/forger retired or he really was signing all these years.

Playbills: A Little Night Music (Angela Lansbury), Wicked, A Steady Rain (Daniel Craig & Hugh Jackman), The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera, Blithe Spirit (Angela Lansbury)
Most Wanted: Jason Isaacs, Andy Serkis, Peter Jackson, Johnny Depp
Personalized: 54
Most prized: Cate Blanchett, Tony Shalhoub, Mary Costa, Daniel Craig, Brad Bird, Patti LuPone, Richard Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Aaron Eckhart, John Rhys-Davis, Eli Wallach, David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McKellen
thatguyalex
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by thatguyalex »

Personally, I am happier living in a world of truth...if something is fake, I'd rather know than look like an idiot trumpeting my signed item that was really signed by an intern.

Maybe some of the negativity, on another note, would go away if people a) posted addresses instead of the numerous "I am protecting celeb X" we see or didn't have to be asked to provide the address they used b) posted in the right forum c) stopped endlessly congratulating people for getting pre-prints (as in...if you see that five people have already said "congrats" do you really need to chime in and bump the topic up to the top) etc...etc...

For those of us who take the hobby seriously, there is a lot of junk that gets posted and it's really frustrating to read/waste time with.
Blog about autograph hunting: http://autograph-guy.blogspot.com/

Coolest TTM (Mostly through clever research/contacts)
The Clash (Terry Chimes, Topper Headon), Leslie Neilson, Denis Leary, Stan Lee

Coolest in person
Norm MacDonald

Pre-prints, autopens, stamps and secretarials are not successes. They belong in the garbage. Please PLEASE stop congratulating people for getting these back. Collecting autographs is about actually getting autographs!
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

i think it is sooooo disrespectful when i say "no comments on authenticity" and someone says "thats a PP {down} " it really makes me wanna kill them :mrgreen: i think it is soo rude! now if i say "commenting is welcome on the auhenticity" its kool....but YOUR RIGHT there are alot of people who TRY to bring othes down....couldnt agree more... :)

Favorite Successes:

Britney Spears (VV), Cheetah Girls, Danity Kane, Selena Gomez, Jeff Dunham (VV), and George Lopez (VV Super Success)! :)