Stamp help?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
tylerrock08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Stamp help?

Post by tylerrock08 »

I read the stamp thing on here but I still dont fully understand.

If I send out an envelope with stuff to be signed what would I need to get at the post office to greater my chances of it coming back would it be an irc or what ever lol and how does that work?
Favorite Successes: Lil Wayne, Pawn Stars, Bill Engvall, Diamond Rio, Kenny Chesney, Guy Fieri, Aaron Tippin, Tim McGraw, Priscilla Presley
Most wanted:Elvis Presley,Bryan Williams, The Three Stooges, Keith Urban, Steven Seagal
Recent successes: Lil Wayne, Brad Paisley, khloe kardashian Odom, Pawn Stars, Hornswoggle, Jerry Lawler
Recent requests:Taylor Swift, Dierks Bentley, Dave Batista
packrat

Re: Stamp help?

Post by packrat »

There is nothing you can get at the post office that will increase your chances of getting a success. You will need stamps for the SASE, of course, but it's the SASE itself that may increase your chances of a success with a celebrity. IRCs are only for sending outside the country if you can't get that particular country's stamps for your SASE.
tylerrock08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tylerrock08 »

So an SASE is also paying for it to come back?
Favorite Successes: Lil Wayne, Pawn Stars, Bill Engvall, Diamond Rio, Kenny Chesney, Guy Fieri, Aaron Tippin, Tim McGraw, Priscilla Presley
Most wanted:Elvis Presley,Bryan Williams, The Three Stooges, Keith Urban, Steven Seagal
Recent successes: Lil Wayne, Brad Paisley, khloe kardashian Odom, Pawn Stars, Hornswoggle, Jerry Lawler
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Yes, By providing another envelope with a stamp on it, your helping the celeb by not having them pay to send you an autograph. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
tylerrock08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tylerrock08 »

RYAN J. wrote:Yes, By providing another envelope with a stamp on it, your helping the celeb by not having them pay to send you an autograph. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
Would you explain how you do that?

Would you just stick an extra envelope in the envelope you are sending with a stamp?
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Here's a couple of examples of my SASE's that I do. I put my address in both spots on the SASE and put the celeb's initials next to it. that way the post office doesn't know who it's from and if something goes wrong it will be delivered to me either way. {up} I also place stamps on it as well. I use 2 .44 for a 9x12 and one .44 for a regular #10 envelope. As shown in the photos.

9x12 SASE:

#10 SASE: (Most common for 4x6 photos and smaller:

Hope this helps you!

RYAN J. 8)
tylerrock08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tylerrock08 »

RYAN J. wrote:Here's a couple of examples of my SASE's that I do. I put my address in both spots on the SASE and put the celeb's initials next to it. that way the post office doesn't know who it's from and if something goes wrong it will be delivered to me either way. {up} I also place stamps on it as well. I use 2 .44 for a 9x12 and one .44 for a regular #10 envelope. As shown in the photos.

9x12 SASE:

#10 SASE: (Most common for 4x6 photos and smaller:

Hope this helps you!

RYAN J. 8)
One last question lol I am so sorry I have never done this before.

So I can have a biger envelope with the stuff in it along with a envelope filled out with my information for them to return it to me?
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Yes, That is correct. That way the celeb doesn't have to put together an envelope for you. They just sign them items and mail them back in envelope you sent along. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
tylerrock08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tylerrock08 »

RYAN J. wrote:Yes, That is correct. That way the celeb doesn't have to put together an envelope for you. They just sign them items and mail them back in envelope you sent along. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
Have you ever sent to big brown envelopes together
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Nope. I take my 9x12 SASE's and fold them three times and put them in the #10 envelopes. I save postage that way. {up}

RYAN J. 8)