Help me!

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
MoisesDavi
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Help me!

Post by MoisesDavi »

It excuses, I know that am posting in the wrong topic but I think what has to post it doesn't fit in none of the categories of the forum. It is the following, I never sent a letter for other country even so me I have will now of send a letter, for some celebrities. And I have doubts... why do have that sends my photo together in the envelope? And so that it serves the Coupon Reply International?
benny_holb
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by benny_holb »

:shock: Umm.... I am not totally understanding you. I see you're from Brazil, so you may not know your English too well. I'll try to answer your question though.
why do have that sends my photo together in the envelope?
I think you mean "Why do I have to send a photo in the envelope?" I'm not quite sure what you mean, but maybe somewhere you heard that you need to send the celebrity a photo? This isn't necessarily the case. Most times a celebrity has a pile of photos ready to sign and send out.

Now,
And so that it serves the Coupon Reply International?
"What purpose do International Reply Coupons serve?" - maybe - Well, IRCs are used so that you don't have to estimate how much postage to use for foreign mail. If you include IRCs, the person can then use them to purchase the proper amount of postage.

I hope I could be of some help.

--¡Buena suerte con sus preguntas!
--Ben
Meg

IRC's information

Post by Meg »

Hi !! I'm Meg, I'm Meg

I'm not sure to be in the right forum, but my question is about the IRC.

I'm living in Reunion island (it's a french department) and i'm a katie holmes Fan !! Sorry for my english :? .

Well, i'll try to write Creative Artist agency to obtain a katie holmes autograph, but i need information about the International reply coupon: i have them !! i understood that i have to put them IN the envelop with
my adress for the answer... but How much do i put in it ?

I think that one coupon is 0.80$ . That's it ?
so how much it cost to send a letter to France ? I don't understand how to calculate (with the international calculator) because it need the weight of the letter: here in france, we haven't have the same... can you help me ?

i'm Affraid of puttind too much or not enouth!!

this web site is really great, it's the BEST...
thanks
jonathan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jonathan »

i live in england and when i send to the USA i normally send 2 or 3 IRC. You are right that it is $0.80 per IRC nad i havent had many photos come back with more than $1.60 postage on whch would need 2 IRC. Some have only had $0.80 postage on but its best to be safe. Ican remember one envelope having $1.83 worth of postage but that was an enevelope containign 3 pictures. You put your IRC in your envelope with your letter and they will exchange it for postage at the other end.

hope you understand my english well.

as for katie holmes she is not a good signer unfortunately from what i read on forums like this so I fear you may be wasting her time with her. it doesnt hurt to try but i fear you may end up dissapointed.

good luck!
Jon
Meg

Post by Meg »

Hi, Jon!

Thank you for your answer, i understood well.

i also read that it was dificult to have a katie holmes autograph. so i'll try to her agency... i'll see... just once.

Thank you
jonathan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jonathan »

glad to be of help. yeah try katie holmes once, i guess you could be lucky :)
barmy_army008

Re: IRC's information

Post by barmy_army008 »

Meg wrote: i'll try to write Creative Artist agency
My memory is a little vague, but I seem to remember once reading that CAA were bad at handling fanmail. Has anyone had a success writing via them?
benny_holb
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by benny_holb »

barmy, I sent a letter to Amy Brenneman last week, Tuesday, I think, C/O CAA... I'll be sure to let you know if I get anything from her.
barmy_army008

Post by barmy_army008 »

benny_holb wrote:barmy, I sent a letter to Amy Brenneman last week, Tuesday, I think, C/O CAA... I'll be sure to let you know if I get anything from her.
Thanks - it'll be good to know. I've only written to one person there, but I posted that from the UK about a month ago. I think that would put it right in the Christmas backlog, so it would've taken ages to get there anyway. I'm not really expecting anything back too soon.

Then again, it I could be completely wrong - they might be great at handling mail and I read about another agency. I guess we'll just have to wait and see..
I love autos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by I love autos »

benny holb could you let me kno if u got sumthing back from amy. i love her and i wanna write 2 her! thx