Lauren Bacall FAILURE

Carley
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Lauren Bacall FAILURE

Post by Carley »

I'm a huge fan of Ms. Bacall's and am really disappointed that I've yet to receive anything back from her - I sent my first autograph request late last year and my second right after New Years. I was sure to supply a SASE and letter but, alas, have seen nothing. I'm sort of upset by it as well since she's known to be such a good signer. Anyone know why she wouldn't reply? Thanks!

PS - hope this isn't too much off topic!
ellelovexx
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Lauren Bacall FAILURE

Post by ellelovexx »

it hasn't been that long...
sometimes it can be over a year before people send something back...2 months of waiting doesn't make it a failure...
DeathBoyTheSick
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DeathBoyTheSick »

The number one rule of this hobby is.. PATIENCE. Two months isn't long at all. Give it time..
"Everybody has the perfect strategy, until I punch them in the face." - Mike Tyson

“Tonight, just like I did in America, I’m gonna dominate you Raven. Your time in FWA will be "Nevermore", you can quote that.. BlTCH!” - CM Punk - FWA

Please check out my site - A WORK IN PROGRESS!! - http://sicksgraphs.webs.com/
Mjr Frank Burns
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mjr Frank Burns »

DeathBoyTheSick wrote:The number one rule of this hobby is.. PATIENCE. Two months isn't long at all. Give it time..
Couldn't have said it better myself ....
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

omg...i am very tired of seeing posts like this...the stars take time out of their days to read our fanmail you dont really have any right to complain because Miss Lauren is very good with fanmail...and you havent even been waiting that long....i have waited more than 11 months for one signed photo and i dont complain...you need to have patents..

good luck.

Favorite Successes:

Britney Spears (VV), Cheetah Girls, Danity Kane, Selena Gomez, Jeff Dunham (VV), and George Lopez (VV Super Success)! :)
MrMike
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MrMike »

Who knows, sometimes people take a few months and travel. Frankly, if I could I would too, it is cold in the winters here and the Caribbean is calling me :mrgreen:

As others have said, a failure isn't waiting a while. A failure is receiving a note saying your request was refused for any number of reasons
tvboy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tvboy »

the best thing to do with autographs is send it and forget it ....when you get one its a thrill and you dont really fret the ones that dont come thats my policy at least and its worked great for me
lately ive been getting ones i sent over a year ago so just sit back and enjoy the wait

plus a failure would be a RTS, letter of rejection,or from someone like Ms. Becall who signs like she does a PP would be a failure

hope you have better luck
i just sent one to her for charity auction later this month hope she moves swift
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightning »

I notice you said you sent a lor & sase but did you send a picture or something to be signed because if not that could be your problem right there,lauren is a great signer but you need to send something to be signed.
Johnny's Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Johnny's Fan »

I agree with what the others say about waiting for autographs, but Miss. Bacall is a very good signer and a very quick one. I looked through pages of sucesses before I sent mine out, and she really does almost take the same amount of time for each request, which is under a month. It's like she has a good routine and sticks to it.

However, I can't remember if she ever provided any pictures, so if you didn't send any, that could be way you haven't heard back.

Playbills: A Little Night Music (Angela Lansbury), Wicked, A Steady Rain (Daniel Craig & Hugh Jackman), The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera, Blithe Spirit (Angela Lansbury)
Most Wanted: Jason Isaacs, Andy Serkis, Peter Jackson, Johnny Depp
Personalized: 54
Most prized: Cate Blanchett, Tony Shalhoub, Mary Costa, Daniel Craig, Brad Bird, Patti LuPone, Richard Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Aaron Eckhart, John Rhys-Davis, Eli Wallach, David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McKellen