In Your Opinion, Is a PP Still a Success?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

In Your Opinion, Is a PP Still a Success?

Post by musicfan »

Hey everyone!

In your own opinion is a pre-print autograph still a success?

(now to me i will say no but i would throw them in the trash and i would never tell someone "your pre-print is a failure" cause i think its very rude....

so tell me what YOU think? :mrgreen:

BTW no one can tell someone how they are supposed to feel..this is based on your own opinion.....! :)

Favorite Successes:

Britney Spears (VV), Cheetah Girls, Danity Kane, Selena Gomez, Jeff Dunham (VV), and George Lopez (VV Super Success)! :)
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: In Your Opinion, Is a PP Still a Success?

Post by Jaffer »

It depends, imo, on the precedent. If you write to someone who sends out PP, and get one, then you cannot call that a failure, as you accomplished what you set out to get.However, if you get a PP from someone who often signs authentically, or when sending VV where authentics are expected, then I would call it a failure. Me personally, I don't mind PP, they provide a great comparison point for authentics, and I like them just to slightly bolt my collection. I know they are not authentics, and I would never write to someone just for a PP.
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

Jaffer wrote:It depends, imo, on the precedent. If you write to someone who sends out PP, and get one, then you cannot call that a failure, as you accomplished what you set out to get.However, if you get a PP from someone who often signs authentically, or when sending VV where authentics are expected, then I would call it a failure. Me personally, I don't mind PP, they provide a great comparison point for authentics, and I like them just to slightly bolt my collection. I know they are not authentics, and I would never write to someone just for a PP.
ok..i understand you :)

does anyone else have an opinion on this topic?

Favorite Successes:

Britney Spears (VV), Cheetah Girls, Danity Kane, Selena Gomez, Jeff Dunham (VV), and George Lopez (VV Super Success)! :)
missmaile
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by missmaile »

I think it depends on the situation and the feelings of the person recieving. Afterall its not for anyone else to call what you have recieved a failure, whats important is whether you feel it is a failure.

Personally I am happy to have PP from people that I know do not sign authentic autographs, hese go in a normal scrapbook ( the type like children draw in ) and they are just nice to have I think, I have sent requests to Studio Fanmail and I know it will just be PP that I get from them, its nice having the scrapbook with these in it though because anyone I have requested a PP from is also someone I would love an authentic from and that scrapbook is a reminder of who I am trying to get authentics from.

My authentic autographs are special ( even though I do not have many yet ) and I bought some really lovely high quality memory albums for these to go in so they can be displayed nicely.

A secretarial for me personally is, well I do not like the word failure, but I cant think of a better word right now. A secretarial is not in anyway the celebs autograph in my opinion, at least a PP is their autograph even if it is copied, where as a secretarial is the secretarys autograph not the celebs!

I am trying to make sure I research a celeb before I write to them because I know I would be quite dissapointed if I got a PP or a secretarial when I was expecting/hoping for an authentic autograph.

I try and increase my chances of an authentic autograph by including a photo for them to sign for me, I think it would make me quite sad if I got a secretarial on my photo though, Id rather have it returned unsigned I think.

Like I said it all depends wehat you were hoping for/expecting when you write to the person in question and it is down to each individual and what they like to have in their collection.

I meant to keep this short but got carried away, hopefully you understand what I mean and I havent waffled on too much!
Started Collecting December 2009
Autographs Recieved so far - Paul O'Grady,Christine Conradt,Barbara Windsor,Cinthia Burke,Alan Carr, Chris Evans,Maisie Smith,Eleanor Tomlinson,Rita Simons,Will Young,Melinda Messenger,Ian Wright,Kate Walsh,Judge Judy, Officer Byrd,Miranda Hart,Trisha Goddard,Kim Woodburn,James May,Charlie Dimmock, J K ROWLING, Kris Marshall,Noel Edmonds,Elkie Brooks,Derren Brown,June brown,Craig David,Ben Fogle,Tony Blair,Melissa Joan Hart,Ben Barnes,Ken Leung,Zoe Ball,Jorgie Porter,Angela Lansbury,Gemma Arterton,Gil Birmingham,Dave Legeno,Jeremy Sumpter,Jake Woods,Gino D'Acampo,Yunjin Kim,Melanie Walters
Most Waned - Cast of Twilight, Lost, Hollyoaks and Greys Anatomy, NellyFurtado, Sarah Michelle Geller and Catherine Tate and sooooo many more, it would take all day to list them!!
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

missmaile wrote:I think it depends on the situation and the feelings of the person recieving. Afterall its not for anyone else to call what you have recieved a failure, whats important is whether you feel it is a failure.

Personally I am happy to have PP from people that I know do not sign authentic autographs, hese go in a normal scrapbook ( the type like children draw in ) and they are just nice to have I think, I have sent requests to Studio Fanmail and I know it will just be PP that I get from them, its nice having the scrapbook with these in it though because anyone I have requested a PP from is also someone I would love an authentic from and that scrapbook is a reminder of who I am trying to get authentics from.

My authentic autographs are special ( even though I do not have many yet ) and I bought some really lovely high quality memory albums for these to go in so they can be displayed nicely.

A secretarial for me personally is, well I do not like the word failure, but I cant think of a better word right now. A secretarial is not in anyway the celebs autograph in my opinion, at least a PP is their autograph even if it is copied, where as a secretarial is the secretarys autograph not the celebs!

I am trying to make sure I research a celeb before I write to them because I know I would be quite dissapointed if I got a PP or a secretarial when I was expecting/hoping for an authentic autograph.

I try and increase my chances of an authentic autograph by including a photo for them to sign for me, I think it would make me quite sad if I got a secretarial on my photo though, Id rather have it returned unsigned I think.

Like I said it all depends wehat you were hoping for/expecting when you write to the person in question and it is down to each individual and what they like to have in their collection.

I meant to keep this short but got carried away, hopefully you understand what I mean and I havent waffled on too much!
thank you for your input... :) and i agree about secs too ;)

Favorite Successes:

omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by omgitscaro »

For me it's the next best thing if the person doesn't sign! :lol:

When I finally get an authentic I just put it in a different folder. :razz:
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

omgitscaro wrote:For me it's the next best thing if the person doesn't sign! :lol:

When I finally get an authentic I just put it in a different folder. :razz:
yea thats what i do too ;)

Favorite Successes:

chriscollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chriscollector »

No, not for me.

Why? I can print my own PP on my computer, on a photo of my choice, for less time/money.

When I write, use my supplies, then pay postage I have every hope of recieving an authentic autograph.

However any celeb that spends their own $ to send fans a photo is doing a nice deed. For me I only collect the real thing so a PP and AP is a horrible feeling to recieve. But for some it's cool. Sometimes when I get a PP/AP it makes me try harder to get a real one.

It's all personal opinion. Hardcore collectors want the real thing and ONLY the real thing. Casual fans and the new/unexperienced collectors are simply happy with a reply. Different strokes for different folks.
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

chriscollector wrote:No, not for me.

Why? I can print my own PP on my computer, on a photo of my choice, for less time/money.

When I write, use my supplies, then pay postage I have every hope of recieving an authentic autograph.

However any celeb that spends their own $ to send fans a photo is doing a nice deed. For me I only collect the real thing so a PP and AP is a horrible feeling to recieve. But for some it's cool. Sometimes when I get a PP/AP it makes me try harder to get a real one.

It's all personal opinion. Hardcore collectors want the real thing and ONLY the real thing. Casual fans and the new/unexperienced collectors are simply happy with a reply. Different strokes for different folks.
You have every HOPE to get a real one....like we all do...but everyone has at least one pp...but what you do with it is you own opinion.... thank you for your input as well :)

have a good night!

Favorite Successes:

Theone30
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Theone30 »

I think everyone would agree that nothing is better than recieving a real autograph. But for this topic in wheather or not a PP is a success, for me sometimes it is. I have recently switch my collection from sports to politics. Many former and current political figures only send out PP or AP and will return your iteam back either unsigned or with an AP. So when ever I recieve a PP from certain figures I am just happy to get a response and have an official picture of the person with their official state logo. Just having an iteam from certain political people is well worth the postage in the long run.

Waiting for many former and current US Politicians and Historical Figures:

Most Wanted--Henry Kissinger.(PM if you have one and want to trade)
Baseball HOF collection--40 and counting
2011 has been my best year for autographs over 300 in so far
*Don't post email addresses*