Opinions on a thread in Collecting Help

Moderators' Forum.
annie985

Opinions on a thread in Collecting Help

Post by annie985 »

So I noticed today that a topic was started by a usernamed Isiah on writing to Charles Manson. This is leading to people commenting on him being a murderer and I can see potentially this thread getting out of hand. I've currently locked the topic, but I want others opinions on it. Like I said, I could see this potentially becoming a problem thread that would lead to arguments. If you guys think it should be unlocked, then feel free to do so, I just wanted to get your opinion on it first. Here's the link: http://fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=156043

Thanks!

~Annie :D
Autograph Collector since 2008
Favorite Autos: Raynor Arkenbout, John-Paul Lavoisier, Thore Scholerman, Marnie Schulenburg, Christian Bale, Mary Tyler Moore
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Opinions on a thread in Collecting Help

Post by ozzman »

I unlocked the thread. i feel people shouldnt be judged on who they write to. That is why we have a collecting help forum, to ask questions you are unsure of. You did the right thing to lock it at first, and ask others opinions on the thread. What I would do is just keep a close eye on the subject to make sure it doesnt get too out of hand.
Selise

Re: Opinions on a thread in Collecting Help

Post by Selise »

That's my thought too. Just be careful at the content of the thread and making sure that it really doesn't get out of hand.
Favorite Autographs: Luciano Pavarotti (IP), Joan Baez, Dorothy Hammill (IP)
Newest Autos: Tim Allen, Daniel Radcliffe x3, John Lithgow
Visit My Site (not all autos up yet!): http://selise.fotopic.net/ <-recently updated