Jack Gutman W W I I D Day

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Jack Gutman W W I I D Day

Post by caappy »

Jack Gutman knew at an early age that he was a healer—not a fighter—as a medical corpsman treating the wounded during the Normandy invasion. He joined the Navy at 17 with his father’s permission and became a corpsman because he tested high on the aptitude tests. The sight of blood made him feel faint, and he thought he’d never make it through training. But he did, a course that had been compressed from 1 year to 6 months.

After training for months as a Medical Corpsman, his first active duty took him to England to prepare a hospital for the aftermath of the invasion of Europe. On D-Day he landed between Utah and Omaha Beaches in the invasion of Normandy, having the difficult task of caring for those killed and wounded during the attack. He later served the same function in the Invasion of Okinawa. He is one of the few veterans who served in both theaters of the war.

Sent him 2 photos on 9 Mar and got them back signed on 20 Mar

Mr Jack Gutman
16 Palm Via
Anaheim, CA 92801
admin
Site Admin

Re: Jack Gutman W W I I D Day

Post by admin »

Hi again caappy :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the picture and envelope you received?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

Fanmail 8)