Ed Fox W W I I Battle of Midway

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Ed Fox W W I I Battle of Midway

Post by caappy »

Ed Fox joined the Marines in June 1941 and was eventually attached to the 23rd Provisional Company and the 6th Defense Battalion on Midway. He defended the Midway Atoll in a pillbox during the June 4-7, 1942 attack. He participated in the Iwo Jima invasion and the postwar occupation of Japan. After his enlistment expired, he reenlisted in the Army for training in communications and combat photography. He retired as a sergeant first class in 1966 to commence a career with the U.S. Forest Service. Since 1998 he has been an active and generous volunteer at a local elementary school.

The Battle of Midway, fought June 4-7, 1942 in the Pacific Ocean, was a decisive battle during World War II, and is regarded as the turning point of the war. Three Navy aircraft carriers – USS Enterprise (CV-6), USS Hornet (CV-8) and USS Yorktown (CV-5), as well as land-based bombers, defeated an Imperial Japanese force which featured four aircraft carriers of their own.

Sent him 2 photos on 28 Feb and got them back signed on 19 Mar

Mr Ed Fox [us]
2842 S Meadowbrook Ave #4
Springfield, MO 65807
admin
Site Admin

Re: Ed Fox W W I I Battle of Midway

Post by admin »

Hi caappy :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the picture and envelope you received?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

Fanmail 8)