Lee Ray Broussard W W I I

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Lee Ray Broussard W W I I

Post by caappy »

Lee R. Broussard was born in December 1925 in Loreauville, Louisiana. His father was a construction worker and then school bus driver. Because there were only a few telephones and radios in town, Broussard found out about the Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor on Monday, 8 December 1941 when he went to school. His two older brothers joined the military as soon the war started. Broussard had to wait until he turned 18. In 1943 he joined the Navy. He took the Southern Pacific train to San Diego, California for basic training at Camp Elliott. He was shipped off on the USS Midway (CV-41) to train with the amphibs landing forces but when the Navy discovered he could type and knew shorthand, he was sent to Pacific Fleet School in Hawaii. He graduated at the top of his class, so he was assigned to Admiral Halsey's 3rd Fleet Staff. However, since Halsey was in the South Pacific, he was sent to Admiral Nimitz's (Navy Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief, US Pacific Fleet and Commander in Chief, Pacific Ocean Areas) administration office in Hawaii for six to eight weeks before the Navy could fly Broussard to the South Pacific to join Admiral Halsey's administration.
On 2 Sep 1945 he was aboard the USS Missouri and witnessed the surrender of Japan to General Douglas MacArthur.

Sent him 2 photos on 7 Feb and got them back signed on 5 Mar

Mr Lee Ray Broussard [us]
491 Riddle Ln, Lot 29
Lake Providence, LA 71254
admin
Site Admin

Re: Lee Ray Broussard W W I I

Post by admin »

Hi caappy :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the picture and envelope you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

Fanmail 8)