Stamps / IRC?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
p3p3be
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Stamps / IRC?

Post by p3p3be »

Hi there

I've got a question about the IRC and post stamps. How do you solve the problem with SASE? I mean - sometimes it's not easy to buy the IRC, while sometimes it's written on some star or band contact website to send SASE with a stamp worth the exact amound of money. I use IRCs even if I have to go to the main post office to buy them and hear "wtf is IRC" allmost every time. In my city it used to be easier to buy them, when I was collecting TTM about 10 years ago. Right now I'm back to collecting TTM after a long gap, and it changed like I mentioned - IRC request confuses the staff on the post office allmost every time. So sometimes I wonder if there is some other way to "stamp" the SAE. I know that I may consider buying some foreign stamps online, but it would be quite hard to buy some stamps from 10 countries or more for example, and the value of an international delivery in every country may change, so the stamps may become useless. I know that I send my requests from Poland to USA, GB and Germany mostly. I considered buying global stamps from USPS for example and it's fine, I can buy a sheet of 15 stamps. But on the other hand, I'll be sending a letter to Canada next month and I can't buy only a few Canadian stamps for an international shipment, only a package of stamps worth about 120$.
Also, I think that when you send SASE it's increasing a chance to get some feedback. Less work for the agent or sb - it makes things better in my opinion. So for example he or she takes the stamped envelopes to the post office and that's it, while my request requires exchanging the IRC, puting the stamp etc. So is there any way to obtain some "global" stamps? Does there exist something like that? I mean something like IRC but possible to be put on the envelope :D What is your opinion? How do you solve this kind of problems? Thanks for your tips {up}
admin
Site Admin

Re: Stamps / IRC?

Post by admin »

Hi p3p3be :)

Welcome to Fanmail.biz :)

The best way is to buy stamps online and use Self Addressed Stamped Envelope.

Fanmail 8)