Are there images people aren't allowed to autograph?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Menji
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Are there images people aren't allowed to autograph?

Post by Menji »

For example, if I sent David Hayter a picture of Solid Snake. Would he not be able to sign it? (He's the VA BTW)

or does it just depend on the person?
SophieBooty
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Are there images people aren't allowed to autograph?

Post by SophieBooty »

Certain celebrities can't sign certain pictures and merchandise.
And some just choose not too.
To find out exactly, you would have to do some reseach on the celebrities signing habits.
Sophie :D
Phoebe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Phoebe »

Hiya,

there was a similar topic to this quite recently actually you might want to have a look: Photo Selection. :)

I'm afraid I don't know about the person you mentioned but some celebrities will not sign certain pictures for various reasons. (Sometimes people can only sign official pictures from current projects etc.) It is generally considered polite to send photos that aren't paparazzi shots where the celebrity didn't know they were being taken or didn't want to be photographed and not to send a photo that the star might be ashamed of/not like. Many will sign what is sent to them though.

Good luck! {thumb2}

Phoebe :D
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

I always try and find the coolest or nicest looking photos when I send out my requests. I want them to feel comfortable signing it and I also want it to look good in my collection. {thumb2} I don't go for 'enquire' photos or any type of tabloid magazine ones as they always touch those up in photoshop to look bad. {down}

RYAN J. 8)
Menji
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Menji »

To go along with my original question. Are they allowed to sign pictures of themselves from a movie? Is there some copyright law against that?

I just printed 20 or so pictures and about half are from movies while the other half are posed pictures so those should be fine.
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

Well Some Sports Ppl Can Only Sign cERAIN Photos So I Be Careful Of That... :) But Actors and Stuff..I Dnt Think So...I Usually Jus Send a "PHOTOSHOOT" Type of Picture....I Dont Send Paparazzi Photos And I Dnt Send Pics Of Them Hitting Rock Bottom: For Example If You Send Britney Spears You Wouldnt Send A Photo Of Her Bald Cuz That Was Her Lowest Point....Ya Kno...You Always Wanna Be RESPECTFUL.... :) And They 99% Will Most Likely Sing YOU PHOTO And SOME Send THEIR PHOTO As Well....To Give YOu a Bonus...So Jus ALWAYS BE RESPECTFUL To Them....And USE MANNERS. :) LOL :) GOOD LUCK! :)
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Menji wrote:To go along with my original question. Are they allowed to sign pictures of themselves from a movie? Is there some copyright law against that?

I just printed 20 or so pictures and about half are from movies while the other half are posed pictures so those should be fine.
Movie stills are fine. I generally go with those, but I also like publicity mini-posters and studio shoots too. {thumb2}

RYAN J. 8)
AlphaOmega
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AlphaOmega »

I know it varies, I bought some autographed pictures from a VA, and she sent a note in the package saying that the parent company of the game wasn't happy that she was selling those prints, so I couldn't post them on social media.
IP autos: Will Fridele, Christy Carlson Romano, Jason David Frank, Evanna Lynch, Becky Lynch, Finn Balor
Website autos: AJ Lee, Jeff Hardy, Fryda Wolff, Garfunkle and Oates
TTM: Robert englund, Fryda Wolff, Steve Blum, Courtenay Taylor, Jason David Frank, Gabriel Iglesias, Kansas City Chiefs, Houston Astros

If you have any questions, even though I'm new, message me please. I like messages