Movies Filmed Near You

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Joey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Movies Filmed Near You

Post by Joey »

Hi everyone,

I saw "In Her Shoes" with Cameron Diaz and Toni Collette last night, and I recognized about half the places in it. One scene, where Toni Collette was with her friend in a small cheese/food shop and they were then walking down the street of an outside market, was filmed DIRECTLY around the corner from my house (literally less than a city block away).

Another scene, where Toni was with her "fiancee" at a cheesesteak place, was filmed about 5 blocks away from my house.

So I was just wondering, has anyone else seen movies filmed so close to their home? Not just in the same city, but actually close to their house?

Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

Hmmm....that i can think of, we've had Part of X-Men 1 filmed here in toronto and a few other productions that we saw trailers set up for but never really knew the names of!

Chrissy
Thank you -Lil1- for the siggie set!
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Larisie »

In the film 'A History of Violence' there's a scene where the mother and daughter go to this mini mall type place and that happens to be right near Chrissy's house.

There have been WAY too many movies, tv shows that have been filmed in Toronto to name them all. Ex. Parts of Radio Free Rosco was filmed here.

Larisie :D
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

Joey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joey »

Cool! :)

Thanks for responding Chrissy and Larisie.
Last edited by Joey on Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charmed_babe3
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by charmed_babe3 »

I only know of two, House of Wax and Scooby-Doo. They were both filmed on the Gold Coast
Authentic: 37
PP: 44
Autograph count: 79
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Hi all,

My family live less than ½ mile from Leavesden Studios where they film Harry Potter / Star Wars / James Bond / Superman / Saving Private Ryan etc

Pinewood Studios is very close by, as are Elstree Studios where they film EastEnders and Big Brother. The BBC are always in Watford filming EastEnders, and all the deceased characters are "buried" in the local cemetery!

Ian :mrgreen:
Last edited by TheCollector on Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aragil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Aragil »

Parts of the movie The Ninth Gate, starring Johnny Depp, were filmed here in Portugal in a town about 2 hours' drive from my town!

When I was watching the movie I recognized all those places, since I've been to them all, and it was really nice to see my favourite actor Johnny Depp in some of the most beautiful places of my country!

http://www.freewebs.com/aragil/ ~ Please visit my autographs site! ~
Keira4life
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Keira4life »

The only ones i can think of is 'Signs' with Mel Gibson and 'Witness' with Harrison Ford.
Most current success: Eva Green & Sara Paxton
(Authentic)- 30 (PP)- 13 (In Person)- 1
KellyMBel

Post by KellyMBel »

Part of Cheaper by the Dozen 1 takes place in my dads old neighborhood in Wilmette, IL. Also, all of the Home Alone movies were filmed in Chicago, and my dad says the house they lives in was his best friends old house, so I guess thats cool.
nikkikayj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nikkikayj »

parts of harry potter have been filmed near to me and i was randomly there when they were filming once with out knowing in advance!
A lot of little voice was filmed just around the cornor from where my partner lives (although that was some time ago now)
and heartbeat (tv series) is filmed in and around the area where I live! :)

Nikki x