Anyone understand germany or know where my mail is?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Cheri
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Anyone understand germany or know where my mail is?

Post by Cheri »

Hi,my friend sent me a book from Gera in Germany on 8/18.He said he sent it by registered airmail. However the result of the system remain the same everyday!

Search criterion: RV 0997 6526 2De

The item was handed over to the International Logistics Center Frankfurt on Aug 19, 2009 to be forwarded to Republic of China.

Does it mean my item still in German? Will the system inform me when the item leave German?. This is the first time my friend and I send via registered airmail.
I am sorry I don`t understand germany so I can`t find other information on the website.
Anyone ?
Thanks!
matze16
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Anyone understand germany or know where my mail is?

Post by matze16 »

Hello Cheri! :D

I have never used international registered airmail before but I found this answer in an online forum as related to the question:
Why does international registered airmail take so long?
Answer:
Airmail packages and letters aren't put on the first airplane that's available. Postal services wait until a reasonably-sized shipping container is filled with items for that destination before they send the container.

If you want your package to go on the next airplane, you have to pay for courier services or Special Delivery postal service.

Also, bear in mind that the letter may take a few days to get to the shipping centre. For example, if you are sending an air mail letter from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada to Perth, Australia, it has to get to Vancouver, then it is flown to Sydney, then it has to cross Australia to Perth. Each of these steps takes time.
So maybe this could be an answer to your question!?
Cheri wrote:I am sorry I don`t understand germany so I can`t find other information on the website.
Are you talking about a concrete website? If so just post the link! {thumb2}

Hope you will get your book soon! {thumb2}

Good luck,
matze16
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Anyone understand germany or know where my mail is?

Post by Cheri »

Hi matze16 ,
Thank you so much for answering my question.I really appreciate that.
Whoa,no wonder the transit time is not stable,I didn`t know they have to wait for an airplane.
But I think I shoudn`t be worried about it too much.I`ve just heard that the Deutsche Post is probably the best in Europe.DHL is one part of it :shock:

Have a nice day!