Two Questions...

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
josephod1997

Two Questions...

Post by josephod1997 »

Q1 - Is it better to send handwritten or typed letters?

Q2 - Can i send out a questionnare and will it get filled out? I would love to see some photos of completer questionnares!

Thanks! {thumb2}
annie985

Re: Two Questions...

Post by annie985 »

josephod1997 wrote:Q1 - Is it better to send handwritten or typed letters?

Q2 - Can i send out a questionnare and will it get filled out? I would love to see some photos of completer questionnares!

Thanks! {thumb2}
Hi josephod1997!

To answer your first question, some people type and some people hand write. I always handwrite my letters just because I think it looks more persona, but others type. Some people type if their handwriting is illegible and they explain that to the celeb in their letter. Others type because they prefer it. It's really a personal preference.

As for questionaires, I have sent out a few and gotten them back. It really depends on the celeb. You can check feedback for the person you want to write and see if anyone has gotten questionaires back. Here is an example of a questionaire I've gotten back. I've removed the celebs name to prevent them being spammed with questionaires.

Hope that helps!

~Annie :D
bbgood39
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bbgood39 »

I've only ever sent out one questionnaire, and that was to Vanessa Hudgens.
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

Handwritten letters are more personal. I type letters because it's a bit faster and my handwriting isn't the best. It also gives me the option of adding something later that I originally forgot to include in the letter.
AutoHound
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AutoHound »

khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

Neither choice is "better". It is your choice. If you have horrible handwriting, I would recommend typing your letter.

Khackdrums :D
ffion176

Post by ffion176 »

Q1= Well I Usually Write My Letters And Then Use My Photocopier to photo copy the letter so i can send 1 and keep a letter for my self !

Q2= Well Some People Send Them Ive Never Tried Them Myself But Really It Depends Who You Send To

HOPE THIS HELPS !

Ffion {up}
Paigey012

Post by Paigey012 »

Q1 - Is it better to send handwritten or typed letters?
It is better to do handwritten letters because then it is more personal but if you have really small/untidy handwriting that would be hard for the celeb to read, then typing your letters would be better.

You can totally sent a questionare with your requests! It depends on who your writing to, some celebs fill thewm out and some dont. Most questionares have about 3 to 5 questions on them.

Hope I have helped :D
wlperie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wlperie »

Most of the time I will type my letter. I will usually add a personal note at the bottom such as "I really appreciate your work" or something similar.

Some people have asked celebrities in questionnaires whether they prefer typed or handwritten letters, the answers always seem to be mixed.