New TTMer Questions!

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
xsquatx
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

New TTMer Questions!

Post by xsquatx »

Hey there.
I've got a question about glossy photos.
Well, some sports cards are glossy so people put baby powder and spread it around because the talcum sticks onto the card.
The talcum holds the sharpie so it doesn't get smeared easily or bubble up.

And I was wondering.. Do I do this for photos too? I just got some from Snapfish and I don't want to send a photo without knowing if I should put baby powder on it or if its fine by itself.

Also, what kind of envelopes do you use for TTM?
I have 6 9x12 Clasp envelopes and I don't know if the clasp will damage the photo through the mail.

Just wondering cause I don't want anything to happen to them.
Thanks! {thumb2}
wlperie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: New TTMer Questions!

Post by wlperie »

I have only had that problem with photos I print at my home. I soon realized that it is much easier to go the instant print stations at Rite Aid or Walmart. I have never had a photo printed there smear. It doesn't cost too much money either.
annie985

Post by annie985 »

Hi xsquatx!

I have moved your question to the "Collecting Help" thread. Thanks! {up}

~Annie :D
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Hi xsquatx,

I'm not sure if the baby powder will work or not. I used to use the glossy photos, but found that the sharpie ink couldn't dry fast enough and I got several back that smeared or started to rub off. :( I then switched to using the Matte type finish and have had much better success with those.

as to the envelope, Using the clasp kind is perfectly fine. I use those all the time and have never had a problem with it. {thumb2}

Hope this helps you! Any other questions please feel free to ask! :D

RYAN J. 8)
danny2010

Post by danny2010 »

xsquatx wrote:And I was wondering.. Do I do this for photos too? I just got some from Snapfish and I don't want to send a photo without knowing if I should put baby powder on it or if its fine by itself.
I have never used baby powder on my photos. I print my own on glossy paper and let them dry a little, then send them. They usually come back perfectly fine. ;-)
xsquatx wrote:Also, what kind of envelopes do you use for TTM?
I have 6 9x12 Clasp envelopes and I don't know if the clasp will damage the photo through the mail.
I read somewhere that the clasp can damage the picture and potentially the autograph. I pry the clasps off. They come off really easily if you pull at one end and then the other. :razz:

I hope I answered your questions. :)
xsquatx
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by xsquatx »

Thanks Annie! {thumb2}

Ryan, is there any way to get my glossy into Matte?

Danny, so do I just tape it closed?

-Christian
danny2010

Post by danny2010 »

xsquatx wrote:Danny, so do I just tape it closed?
The envelopes that I buy have both the clasp and the sticky-when-wet glue.

I seal the envelope with the glue and then put a little piece of scotch tape on just in case...

All of my envelopes have come back fine (knock on wood), and sometimes, the celebrity (or whoever mails their mail) puts tape on it too. :)
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

xsquatx wrote:Ryan, is there any way to get my glossy into Matte?

-Christian
They may give you that option on Snapfish before you check out, you'll have to look. If not, contact them and ask them to add it as one of the options. {thumb2} Unfortunately the photos you have now, you can't change to a matte finish, as glossy and matte are two different type of photo papers.

RYAN J. 8)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:55 am.