My Run For Relief!

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Cutie3409
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

My Run For Relief!

Post by Cutie3409 »

Hey everyone! I just thought I'd let you know how I'm pitching for the hurricane relief:

Granada High School's Run For Relief
Who: Granada High School students, faculty and district personnel.

What: A one hour, fundraiser run/walk on the Granada High School track. Each participant will run/walk for one hour at a time of their choosing. After each lap, the participant will get a tally mark on their forearm from a track monitor. At the end of the hour a PE coach will total the tally marks and sign off on their sponsorship log.

When: Wednesday, October 5th, 2005. All day, in one-hour increments

6:30 – 7:30 – Before School – Everyone Welcome!
8:30 – 9:30 – Block 2 PE
10:15 - 11:15 – Block 3 PE
11:45 – 12:45 – Block 4 PE
1:15 - 2:15 - After School – Everyone Welcome!
2:30 - 3:30 - After School – Everyone Welcome!

Where: Granada High School track in the Football Stadium

Why: The gulf coast region of the United States was recently destroyed by the massive hurricane, Katrina. Millions of people’s lives were changed forever. If a similar natural disaster hit California many people would come to our aid. This is Granada’s chance to make a difference!

Our school wide goal is $10,000. GRANADA PRIDE!

I'm going to run for two sessions! I am so going to die. :shock: LOL Oh well, I'll be making a difference! :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

What are you guys doing?
{??} Noah Lowry {??}

froggys_friend91
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by froggys_friend91 »

Good luck Cutie. {up} {up} I know you guys can reach your goal or go over it. My school did a fundrier for Hurricane Katrina relief and we raised about 10,000. Its so awesome how many people are willing to help.
Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

Cutie, let me tell you how amazing you are for doing something like that! Running may seem to a people like a simple thing to do but really its a physical strain your body has to endure!! I wish you all the best in this and i hope your school meets it's goal as i know it can!!! Your a sweetie! Great job!

Chrissy :D {up}
Thank you -Lil1- for the siggie set!
Cutie3409
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Cutie3409 »

Thanks so much you guys! I really don't like running though. LOL but when you're doing it for a good cause I guess you don't feel anything but happiness. I was so excited! I already collected $225.00! I hope I can go over $300. I just want to do something. Everyone sits at home watching TV or listening to their iPods, but what about the people who lost everything? This one is personal for me. :D {liam} I am SO ready! Woo! LOL
{??} Noah Lowry {??}

TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Good luck Cutie3409 :mrgreen:

Do an extra lap for me :wink:

Ian :)
Aragil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Aragil »

That is a relly amazing thing to do and you're very kind to be helping those who need :D

I wish you all the luck and I hope your school raises as much money as possible! {up}

http://www.freewebs.com/aragil/ ~ Please visit my autographs site! ~
Cutie3409
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Cutie3409 »

TheCollector wrote:Good luck Cutie3409 :mrgreen:

Do an extra lap for me :wink:

Ian :)
LOL I'll remember to do that! {thumb2}

-Thanks for your support Aragil! :D
{??} Noah Lowry {??}

Cutie3409
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Cutie3409 »

Hey everyone! I just got home from school. I couldn't run the second session because I had to finish a test from one of my other classes :( . But, in the first session I ran 4 miles! The last lap was for you Ian! :wink:
{??} Noah Lowry {??}

Kirstie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Kirstie »

That's still something to be proud of!!! There are probably kids in the school who won't do it. I'm glad you're helping you're country out when it needs help, because like you said, they'd help you if you needed it.

Our school is doing a fund raiser right now for Katrina too. I don't know when it ends though.

Hope you had fun!
~*Kirstie*~

Please tell me if any of my signatures are not authentic! I want to know!!

Cutie3409
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Cutie3409 »

I technically only had to do at least one lap, because all of my donations were for an exact amount, not per lap, but it felt good to do SOMETHING. Good luck with your fundraiser Kirstie!
{??} Noah Lowry {??}