Sending a request to the person's home address

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
ryannftw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Sending a request to the person's home address

Post by ryannftw »

I have the home address to someone i am interested in getting an autograph from. does this make my chances of getting an authentic autograph better?
honey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Sending a request to the person's home address

Post by honey »

I'll move your topic to 'collecting help' board!

If you're sure it is correct address I think you can try send letter to such person. You'll be have better chance, I think.
Paigey012

Post by Paigey012 »

I think you would have chance of getting a reply if you send to there home address {up}
Make sure that you do not mail the celeb at there home address regularly and do not tell anyone the address you used ;-)

Good luck :D
bolton123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bolton123 »

yes there is a much better chance of getting an authentic like others said, but it does depend on who the celeb is as i have lots of home addresses but only a few sign from them authentically, where as some are pre-print and some don't reply at all. If it is an actor you are sending to i would make sure they are not filming as i sent to daniel craig's home address and he was away filming so i was sent a pre-print and was given a date of when he would be available to write back. :D

hope this helps {up}

thanks,
matt
SelenaandDemiFan

Post by SelenaandDemiFan »

I think you could send, but i don't recommend sending, because It's sort of like stalking, and celebs deserve their privacy.
x-Jen-x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x-Jen-x »

SelenaandDemiFan wrote:I think you could send, but i don't recommend sending, because It's sort of like stalking, and celebs deserve their privacy.

I kind of agree with you... {thumb2}

Jen :D
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

If you happen to stumble across a person's home address I think it's OK to write to them once there. Do not write mulitple times and DO NOT make that address public. It's just a courtesy to the star.
ryannftw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ryannftw »

dobie516 wrote:If you happen to stumble across a person's home address I think it's OK to write to them once there. Do not write mulitple times and DO NOT make that address public. It's just a courtesy to the star.

yea i agree, i would only write them once and would never give the address out.
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

I've written to a few celebritys at their home address, just American Idols and American Juniors, and i've received replies. {thumb2} But like everyone else said, don't spam and don't give it out. ;-) Good luck! :mrgreen:
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by omgitscaro »

dobie516 wrote:If you happen to stumble across a person's home address I think it's OK to write to them once there. Do not write mulitple times and DO NOT make that address public. It's just a courtesy to the star.
I concur.

I would only try their home address if they used something like SFM or something (and if I was going to get a PP elsewhere) :mrgreen: