Rowan Atkinson (Oliver!) Great Success

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
Reav
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Rowan Atkinson (Oliver!) Great Success

Post by Reav »

On Wednesday, I went to the stage door of Theatre Royal Drury Lane to meet Rowan Atkinson. I came at 21:50 and claimed the best place :) A lot of people came later and Rowan appeared at about 22:40. He signed for everyone (Oliver! stuff only), posed for a few photos and was generally very polite. However it was apparent that he is not very thrilled by all the attention he is getting. I read he is a shy person so I imagine this must be hard for him.

He signed by programme - he started signing it in the black marker he had with him. I have asked him to use my blue one so he started again - that explains the black mark in the scan below :) He also posed for a photo with me. I am really happy I got the chance to meet him! On Thursday, I actually went to see Oliver! and it was really a great musical. I totally 100% recommend seeing it, it's worth every penny.

-Lil1-
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Rowan Atkinson (Oliver!) Great Success

Post by -Lil1- »

Hi Reav! ;-)

Fantastic success, I am so happy you got to meet him! :mrgreen: he is a very genuine guy, so you can understand why he dosn't like all the attention :?
Cool pic {up} He always comes out of the stage door, which is nice of him :D

-Lil1-
x-Jen-x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x-Jen-x »

Hiya,

Lovely success!! Well done! Was told he is a lousy signer but it doesn't seem it! Like the pics you got of him too!! :)

Next Saturday after the Matinee(4th July-my birthday :D), I am going to the stage door(I want to catch Jodie Prenger coming out and get a pic with her-Have tried twice with no luck). I am yet to see Oliver!-I really want to see it but tickets are going like gold dust!!

Jen :D
WookieeLover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WookieeLover »

Congrats! {up} :mrgreen:

omg..his face
isia_144

Post by isia_144 »

Congrats! He's a really nice guy. :)
Phant0mACE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Phant0mACE »

I dont know if the cast come out after mattinee but as for tickets I have been told by a parent of one of the young actors you can pick up last minute tickets on the door just before the show.
stellar_fuse
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stellar_fuse »

Well done again. Like the photo {up}
Reav
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Reav »

We got our tickets for Thursday evening show on Wednesday at around 19:00. It is hard to get the tickets but not impossible - one just needs to be lucky. And I'd say it is much more easy than getting Hamlet ticket's with Tennant and Stewart :)
x-Jen-x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x-Jen-x »

Phant0mACE wrote:I dont know if the cast come out after mattinee but as for tickets I have been told by a parent of one of the young actors you can pick up last minute tickets on the door just before the show.
They do come out after matinees, Was told that Jodie does anyway...The woman at the stage door told me she does and if she could come out, she would. {thumb2}

And I never knew about those tickets! Thanks :)

Jen :D