robertpattisonfan

Moderators' Forum.
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

robertpattisonfan

Post by sunkissed08 »

Something is wrong with this user. I'm not sure if it's a poser (since I haven't checked IPs) but they claim to have a 'disability' of some sort. The members PMed me a few times, not making sense in their PMs, asking to 'chat with me'. Anyone else have the same problem?
M:chael
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: robertpattisonfan

Post by M:chael »

I've talked to that user before. I'm pretty sure he or she is saying the truth. That user explained to me his/her disabilities a while ago. And kept PMing for a long time :? ... I'm not sure if its this user or another that told me he/she lives alone with her cat - so that would explain wanting to talk. Several users like this one have PMed me before... telling me their problems, wanting to talk, asking weird questions, etc.

I just tried to be as friendly as possible ;-) .
lizane

Post by lizane »

Hi sunkissed08! ;)

She pm's me a lot, mainly to talk about Robert Pattinson. {up} She has never mentioned anything about a disability or living alone though - I think she's like 12 or something so that's not true! She's very nice and all, but it has become impossible for me to reply to all her pm's. :?

I am pretty sure she does have friends and I know her dad buys her stamps and stuff for writing, so I doubt there's anything wrong. {thumb2}

Thanks for posting, sunkissed08! :D
Madame_Malfoy

Post by Madame_Malfoy »

Hi Sunkissed08,

I have spoken to this user on several occasions via PM. She's mainly spoken to me about 'Twilight', the cast and when she might receive replies from the people she has sent requests to, nothing much more than that. She has asked me if I have Yahoo chat etc. a couple of times but I just ignore the question and answer the rest of her PMs. She told me her name was Adrienne and that she had OCD (which, if it's true, might explain her constant PMing. I'm not an OCD expert but I have known a few people with the condition so I know a bit about it). I'm not sure of her age but she seems harmless, just maybe a little lonely and hoping for a friendly chat. I checked her IP and there are no other users posting from the same address, so that's something!

Anyway, she seems fine to me. Please let us know if something changes but I think she's just wanting to talk to fellow collectors. {thumb2}

:) Olivia
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by guilder1st »

Wow, she seems to be pming a lot of members here. She pm's me too, mostly about Robert Pattinson and when she will be receiving her requests back. I don't mind answering her questions, but after answering the same question 30+ times I tend to ignore them. She's ok though, not a poser or anything, just someone that has a disability and wants to chat. She's not 12 though, she's in her 20's, I've seen pictures of her from her MySpace.
lizane

Post by lizane »

guilder1st wrote:She's not 12 though, she's in her 20's, I've seen pictures of her from her MySpace.
You sure? :? I could've sworn she told me she was 12 or something, and that she lives with her parents and they buy her stuff, etc. I must've misunderstood her pm's then! Please, I'm not implying that there's anything wrong with living with your parents at all, it's just the way she talks in her pm's that it sounded like she's much younger and how her dad buys her stamps. :)
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by guilder1st »

If I remember correctly she is 23. Or at least that's the age she had on Myspace. She is definitely not 12. I thought she lived on her own, like assisted living or something. She told me she goes to a special school. Figured it was like college or something. Who knows. ;-)
lizane

Post by lizane »

guilder1st wrote:If I remember correctly she is 23. Or at least that's the age she had on Myspace. She is definitely not 12. I thought she lived on her own, like assisted living or something. She told me she goes to a special school. Figured it was like college or something. Who knows. ;-)
OK, that's odd as I never thought she was in her 20's (not that there's anything wrong, it's just the way she types and talks, I firgured she must be a bit younger). {up} Well thanks for explaining, guilder1st. {thumb2}
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

Thanks everyone for your replies! :mrgreen: I figured she just wanted a friend. {up}
Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

I've had the same thing also. I wouldn't worry too much about her. Shes really quite friendly and i agree, i believe she is just a little lonely and would like to make friends. I work with a lot of children with disabilities and this isn't unusual at all. A lot of kids with disorders tend to be really clingy, needy and just want some attention.

All is good :D

Chrissy
Thank you -Lil1- for the siggie set!