David Bartholomew Singer, Bandleader and Composer

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!

Moderator: admin

caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

David Bartholomew Singer, Bandleader and Composer

Post by caappy »

David Louis Bartholomew (born December 24, 1918) is an American musician, bandleader, composer, arranger and record producer, prominent in the music of New Orleans throughout the second half of the 20th century. Originally a trumpeter, he has been active in many musical genres, including rhythm and blues, big band, swing music, rock and roll, New Orleans jazz and Dixieland. In his induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he was cited as a key figure in the transition from jump blues and swing to R&B and as "one of the Crescent City’s greatest musicians and a true pioneer in the rock and roll revolution."

Many musicians have recorded Bartholomew's songs, but his partnership with Fats Domino produced some of his greatest successes. In the mid-1950s they wrote more than forty hits for Imperial Records, including two songs that reached number one on the Billboard R&B chart, "Goin' Home" and "Ain't That a Shame". Bartholomew's other hit songs as a composer include "I Hear You Knocking", "Blue Monday", "I'm Walkin'", "My Ding-A-Ling", and "One Night". He is a member of the Songwriters Hall of Fame, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Louisiana Music Hall of Fame.

He joined the US Army during World War II. He developed writing and arranging skills as a member of the 196th Army Ground Forces Band. [us]

Sent him 2 photos 21 Feb and got them back signed 20 Mar.. He signed them DB.. was a note included by his son saying that his dad can only sign his initials, but that his dad did sign my photos.. In the note his son did say that his dad is 100 and 3 months old.. His son goes by the same name..

Will not put out his address because of him not doing well.. but I am sure you can track it down if you want to..
admin
Site Admin
Interests:

Re: David Bartholomew Singer, Bandleader and Composer

Post by admin »

Hi caappy :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Fanmail 8)