Nino Tempo Singer Sax Player

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!

Moderator: admin

caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Nino Tempo Singer Sax Player

Post by caappy »

Nino Tempo (born Antonino LoTempio, January 6, 1935) is an American musician, singer, and actor.

Nino Tempo was born in Niagara Falls, New York. A musical prodigy, he learned to play the clarinet and the tenor saxophone as a child. He was a talent show winner at four years of age and appeared on television with Benny Goodman at age seven. When his family relocated to California, he featured on the Horace Heidt radio show, performing a Benny Goodman clarinet solo. A child actor, he worked in motion pictures in such movies as 1949's The Red Pony and in 1953's The Glenn Miller Story featuring James Stewart. He was a sought-after session musician, working as a member of the famous session band the Wrecking Crew, also working with Elkie Brooks, and recording with Maynard Ferguson (Live at the Peacock, 1956). Via a Bobby Darin recording session, Tempo made connections with Atlantic Records and contracted with its subsidiary Atco Records.

However, Nino Tempo is known best for his 1963 duet "Deep Purple" on Atco with his sister Carol (singing under the stage name April Stevens), which scored No.1 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song won the 1964 Grammy Award for Best Rock And Roll Recording, selling more than one million copies and earning a gold disc.

Sent him 2 photos on 20 Nov and got them back signed on 10 Dec

Address on return envelope

Mr Nino Tempo
9255 Doheny Rd. Apt 2504
Los Angeles, CA 90069
admin
Site Admin
Interests:

Re: Nino Tempo Singer Sax Player

Post by admin »

Hi caappy :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Fanmail 8)
timsaucier
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner
Interests:

Post by timsaucier »

Recd handwritten note saying he can not compy with my request due to people selling it. He signed the letter as NT Recd 12-21-18 used address in database.
countrynut39
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by countrynut39 »

I received my picture back autographed today 12-31-18...he wrote the date, to: (my name) and autographed it. I used the address that was posted :lol: