It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:35 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please do not forget to include the celebrity's name, the address, and the sent & received dates. Celeb should be ok to receive fan mail at the address used. Feedback under 3 month old 8)

You can upload your scan here: http://www.surfmypictures.com/ (files under 1MB)

Thank you {up}

Post subject: Al Franken - disappointing FAIL
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:29 pm 
$10 gift certificate winner.

Autographs received: 50
Collector since: 1974
On 5/2, I sent a LOR, SASE, and a playing card to former Senator Al Franken at

Alan Franken, Inc.
573 South 10th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55404-1013

On 7/19, I received the card back, unsigned, in my SASE with no explanation. Also - and I find this particularly puzzling - there is no standard postal cancellation on the envelope. Instead, there is simply a pen mark through the stamp. Very odd. I see that he does sign, so I'll definitely try again.

Uploaded with surfmypictures

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Al Franken - disappointing FAIL
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
Hi Antic5 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Al Franken on Fanmail.biz

Fanmail 8)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:42 pm 
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Antic5,
As I’m from there the only reason that I could think of him not signing anything could be because he’s no longer doing it or temporarily stopped for now

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:11 pm 

Autographs received: 50
Collector since: 1974
loon15 wrote:
Antic5,
As I’m from there the only reason that I could think of him not signing anything could be because he’s no longer doing it or temporarily stopped for now

Thanks loon15, that's good to hear. I'm definitely going to try again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:20 am 
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Autographs received: 100
Collector since: 1976
The pen mark through the stamp means that the envelope missed being canceled by machine and a worker caught it, running a pen through the stamp to prevent its reuse.

Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:02 pm 

Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 1990
Tried in person autograph with him once. He was waiting for a cab and had plenty of time and at first said NO! Leave me alone. Then as I walked away he says come back. I need cab fare so for $20 I'll sign whatever you want. I almost went for it and then said. "No! Leave me alone" and walked away. He called me a D*** as I left. Wouldn't take his autograph if he paid me for it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:24 am 
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Autographs received: 49
Collector since: 2017
I sent mine to him when he was in office. He signed 2 pictures for me, actually.

As for the cab story, that's crazy to hear about him being a dick to someone....that's usually not like him.

Signatures received TTM: Keith Gordon, Ted DiBiase, Betty White, Kurtwood Smith, Bob Barker, John Walsh, Edward Norton, John Douglas, Tom Kalinkse, Al Franken, Rob Paulsen, James Lovell, John Carpenter, Jesse Ventura, Gary Busey, Gene Okerlund, Larry Flynt, The Young Turks, Jimmy Kimmel, Ivan Lendl, Will Vinton, Lynda Carter, Katie Featherston, Mel Gibson, Nancy Cartwright, Robert Patrick, Shaq, John McEnroe, Kevin Conroy, Pierce Brosnan, Jimmy Carter, Howard Stern, Phil Hellmuth, Peter Weller, Patrick Stewart, Craig Nelson, Aaron Eckhart, Jean Reno, Susan Sarandon, Svengoolie, Michael Ironside, Jeanie Buss, Annie Potts.

Waiting on: Woody Harrelson, Gene Hackman, Bill Maher, Ted Levine, Jason Alexander, Michael Mann, Oliver Stone, Jeff Goldblum, David Letterman, Robert Duvall, Ian McKellen, Chris Barnes, Candace Parker, James Worthy, Michael Keaton, Joe Pesci, James Saito, Kevin Costner, Dennis Leary, Tom Berenger, William Peterson, Doyle Brunson, & Martin Sheen.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:32 pm 

Autographs received: 783
Collector since: 2012
Lucipher28 wrote:
I sent mine to him when he was in office. He signed 2 pictures for me, actually.

As for the cab story, that's crazy to hear about him being a dick to someone....that's usually not like him.

The women he sexually harassed would probably disagree with you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:21 am 
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Autographs received: 49
Collector since: 2017
DiamondDave wrote:
Lucipher28 wrote:

The women he sexually harassed would probably disagree with you.

Oh please, you mean the ones on the USO tours who were caught on camera, harassing men? (Robin Williams, etc)

Gimme a break, and better luck next time.

Signatures received TTM: Keith Gordon, Ted DiBiase, Betty White, Kurtwood Smith, Bob Barker, John Walsh, Edward Norton, John Douglas, Tom Kalinkse, Al Franken, Rob Paulsen, James Lovell, John Carpenter, Jesse Ventura, Gary Busey, Gene Okerlund, Larry Flynt, The Young Turks, Jimmy Kimmel, Ivan Lendl, Will Vinton, Lynda Carter, Katie Featherston, Mel Gibson, Nancy Cartwright, Robert Patrick, Shaq, John McEnroe, Kevin Conroy, Pierce Brosnan, Jimmy Carter, Howard Stern, Phil Hellmuth, Peter Weller, Patrick Stewart, Craig Nelson, Aaron Eckhart, Jean Reno, Susan Sarandon, Svengoolie, Michael Ironside, Jeanie Buss, Annie Potts.

Waiting on: Woody Harrelson, Gene Hackman, Bill Maher, Ted Levine, Jason Alexander, Michael Mann, Oliver Stone, Jeff Goldblum, David Letterman, Robert Duvall, Ian McKellen, Chris Barnes, Candace Parker, James Worthy, Michael Keaton, Joe Pesci, James Saito, Kevin Costner, Dennis Leary, Tom Berenger, William Peterson, Doyle Brunson, & Martin Sheen.

Profile E-mail