Questions about SFM, HELP!!!

Autographed pictures received from Studio Fan Mail and Celebrity Merchandise. Post your feedback here.
superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Questions about SFM, HELP!!!

Post by superletterfan »

Hi everyone,
I just want to ask when you write SFM to a particular E-mail address. Do you wrtie it as a formal letter to a celeb (long and precise). or just a few sentences say that you would like to receive a photo?

I know that the E-mail address may receive hundreds of E-mails from all over the world everyday. If i write it too simple, will they think i am lack of sincerity and do not reply me by mail. What did you do when you write?

Do they really reply every E-mail they receive, or they still select some good e-mails.

Cheers,
Superletterfan
Never Give Up!
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Questions about SFM, HELP!!!

Post by TheCollector »

Hi superletterfan {up}

I wouldn't go over the top with the email. Just something like:
Dear .........

I am just writing to say how much I love your work.

If it is not too much trouble I would be very grateful if you could send me a signed photograph of yourself to: (your address).

Many thanks
(name)
The celeb will never see the letter, so you don't have to go to too much trouble!

By the way, if you are writing to more than one celeb via SFM, you have to send a seperate email for each request. NEVER CC or BCC to more than one address at a time otherwise your request will be denied.

Good luck, and please remember to post your successes here!!!!

Ian :wink: {up}
superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superletterfan »

Thanks for your reply! I am still wondering that do they try to answer every request, or they choose some good ones.

In your quote, you just say you want to the photo directly, without saying anything else. Do i need to write something to impress the reader of the E-mail, so she/he will definitely reply me out of hundreds of requests.

What do you think? Sorry that i am very inexperience with the SFM, i think i have written one to Ms Jolie last year, but didn't get anything back, that's why i am wonder if they reply every request
Never Give Up!
AutographAddict
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AutographAddict »

Hi superletterfan,

When I write to SFM, I usually write something like this:
Hi!

I am a really big fan of your work, and I was wondering if I could have a signed photograph if possible. I'd really appreciate it! My address is below.

Thanks,
(my name)

(address
""""""""""
""""""""""
country)
In case you were wondering, I have had successes with SFM, so it does work!

Hope This Helps,
AutographAddict {up}
Dubsbball14
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dubsbball14 »

superletterfan wrote:Thanks for your reply! I am still wondering that do they try to answer every request, or they choose some good ones.

In your quote, you just say you want to the photo directly, without saying anything else. Do i need to write something to impress the reader of the E-mail, so she/he will definitely reply me out of hundreds of requests.

What do you think? Sorry that i am very inexperience with the SFM, i think i have written one to Ms Jolie last year, but didn't get anything back, that's why i am wonder if they reply every request
SFM never responds to a request it just comes back with a generic response. Don't worry they should send an autograph back (PP), I am not sure why you didn't get Angelina's when you tried but it should work.