Very Frustrated

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
andybisho
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Very Frustrated

Post by andybisho »

I am very frustrated with autograph collecting at the moment. After a few very quick sucesses, I now have been waiting over two months for the majority of the people I sent to. You may be saying well two months isn't that long but most of the people I sent to don't have any history of any positive results here on Fanmail.biz so I thought I would give them a try. If I knew for a fact that these people did send out autographs I wouldn't be concerned but since I don't know if they are going to reply at all or not that is why I am frustrated with it. Most of the people I mailed to aren't really even that famous, what I mean is they aren't the type of people who probably get a ton of fanmail. I mainly send to british comedy actors and the ones I am waiting on are: Annette Crosbie, Doreen Mantle, David Griffin, Bill Pertwee, and Geoffrey Hughes (who does have positive feedback but usually doesn't take this long.) The funny thing is that the people who replied quickly were the much more famous actors I wrote to. I don't really know why I am writing this, I just felt like venting to other collectors. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

TwiHardPotterFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Very Frustrated

Post by TwiHardPotterFan »

I've been frustrated many times with autograph collecting but I am not ready to give it up yet keep hoping for the best i know i am even though it is very hard
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightning »

I understand what you mean and i have learned that how famous the person is seems to make no diff,you would think a less famous person might respond more because they need the support but its not so,it seems to just depend on the person themselves.As far as sending to people who there is no feedback for i have tried lots to and dont seem to hear back much i guess thats why there is no feedback because im sure lots have tried.
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

Hey!

I get frustrated sometimes too. I am currently also in a funk of sorts, not many successes lately. I have been waiting on some of my requests for over 7 months now! I also tried some celebrities who's addresses had never been tested before, this is risky to do, but its a better payoff in the end. Just remember, you could wait for over a year for some celebrities to reply!

Khackdrums :D
zipbags

Post by zipbags »

Andy,

Don't feel bad. We all feel the same way. Actually, you mention that you wrote to Annette Crosbie. So did I. And got a response within a month or so. And this was a few months ago. So don't worry. I am sure she will respond.
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

andybisho wrote:I am very frustrated with autograph collecting at the moment. After a few very quick sucesses, I now have been waiting over two months for the majority of the people I sent to. You may be saying well two months isn't that long but most of the people I sent to don't have any history of any positive results here on Fanmail.biz so I thought I would give them a try. If I knew for a fact that these people did send out autographs I wouldn't be concerned but since I don't know if they are going to reply at all or not that is why I am frustrated with it. Most of the people I mailed to aren't really even that famous, what I mean is they aren't the type of people who probably get a ton of fanmail. I mainly send to british comedy actors and the ones I am waiting on are: Annette Crosbie, Doreen Mantle, David Griffin, Bill Pertwee, and Geoffrey Hughes (who does have positive feedback but usually doesn't take this long.) The funny thing is that the people who replied quickly were the much more famous actors I wrote to. I don't really know why I am writing this, I just felt like venting to other collectors. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

I've had responses from Annette Crosbie, David Griffin & Geoffrey Hughes. As a matter of fact, I'm meeting Geoffrey Hughes next week so I'll ask if he's read your letter yet :lol:
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

Hello,

Yes I know how annoying dryspells are. Well I think pretty much everyone does! I have also wrote to several people who have no reported feedback but it doesn't deter me from writing to them, I just write to the people I would love autographs from no matter how unlikely a response is. I would still say 2 months is too early to start worrying though no matter how unfamous they are. Just don't give up hope! :)
ursha
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ursha »

Don't worry ;) I wrote to some people who are not that famous or at least, there haven't been any success when I wrote to them. It took little longer, maybe they don't check mail that often...Anyway, I always got a reply but I was waiting 6 months + usually. Actually it took me 1 year and half to get Alessando Nivola's autograph (he's one of my favourite actors ever).
I'm sure you'll get something back {thumb2}
Urša

Thanks to Seb for my super set! :)

Most recent: Alessandro Nivola
Favourites: Ed Speleers, Bohem, Geoffrey Rush
Most wanted:Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortensen, Dominic Monaghan,
David Wenham, Channing Tatum, Amanda Bynes, Twilight Cast
zipbags

Post by zipbags »

Its funny with big and not so big names. I wrote to the entire cast of the show the Mentalist. Two weeks later I got both of pictures signed by Simon Baker (The star of the show). Yet, 5 months later I have only gotten 2 others back from the other cast members.

Ursha, I thought you might appreciate this....

andybisho
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by andybisho »

Thanks for all of your great comments, you've cheered me up a bit! I know I've just got to be a bit more patient but you know how it is when you go to your mailbox day after day and there's nothing (except bills!), thanks again and good luck to you all! {thumb2}