Is it okay to post...

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
annie985

Is it okay to post...

Post by annie985 »

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I didn't know where else to post this. :oops:

Mods (or anyone) is it okay to post the e-mail address where I requested an autograph in feedback. I remember a few months ago I posted an e-mail address and I was told by a moderator not to because of spamming. Is this still the case? (I posted a Cheryl Burke success and it got put in trash and I'm thinking it's because I didn't post her e-mail address). Any help would be appreciated! thanks! :D
EastendersFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Is it okay to post...

Post by EastendersFan »

Ive moved this to 'Collecting help'

Mods (or anyone) is it okay to post the e-mail address where I requested an autograph in feedback. I remember a few months ago I posted an e-mail address and I was told by a moderator not to because of spamming. Is this still the case? (I posted a Cheryl Burke success and it got put in trash and I'm thinking it's because I didn't post her e-mail address). Any help would be appreciated! thanks!

Yes i think it still is the case. We dont want any celebs being scammed by non fans or they could end up not signing. You can put 'If anyone wants the email address PM me' or something {thumb2}
gluestick

Post by gluestick »

i think its fine :)
Sammya
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sammya »

gluestick wrote:i think its fine :)
But in fact, it's not. We don't give out e-mail addresses to prevent them being spammed, so they shouldn't be posted in Feedback.

Annie, id you got an e-mail success, you can do as EastendersFan suggests, say "PM me for the e-mail" or something {thumb2} .
Paigey012

Post by Paigey012 »

Its not really a good idea to post the e-mail address that you used to get your success because people can use it to request a free autograph from the celeb without being a fsn.

Hope this has helped {up}
JamesLarden
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JamesLarden »

I have had many email successes, but i don't give out the email addresses. People spam them and i believe that people should do their own research -

I hope this helps!

James {thumb2}
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

If anyone posts emails in their feedback, I or another Mod will delete it. You can mntion that it was an email, but please do not post the email address. Thanks!

Khackdrums :D
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

If I used a private address (e-mail or a TTM address), I usually don't post it at all.

But I know that getting a success is really exciting [ugotmail] and if you want to post them I would encourage what the others have said: don't post the address.

I don't know why your Cheryl Burke success got in the trash but we REALLY discourage posting the e-mail--it WILL be removed.

BossC