COA - NEED HELP WITH IT!!!

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
noodlez
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

COA - NEED HELP WITH IT!!!

Post by noodlez »

Hi there 8)

I just sold an auto on ebay and now this person wants me to include a COA. I told her that I'm only a collector myself and no dealer. So I don't know what to write... I've obtained the auto TTM. That's why I can't even give a 100% guaranty. It's real 99,9% though (it's an Adam Lambert signed photo and he obviously isn't that famous by now that he has his own sec to sign his stuff, if you get my point...). So could anyone give me an idea of a (not too long and without any logos etc.) COA?

SoupMan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: COA - NEED HELP WITH IT!!!

Post by SoupMan »

Tell them COAs are worthless (which is true) and you wont be giving them one. Tell them you didnt state you were giving a COA in the listing and therefore are under no obligation to supply one.
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

I agree with SoupMan, they are worthless--too many people fake them, but it might be nice to include something since the buyer asked about one.

I don't buy autographs, just TTM but you could say something like, "8X0 of ______ sent TTM to _(your name)___. To the best of my knowledge it is authentic." and then sign it. Not quiet a COA but something for the person who bought the autograph.

Hope this helped.

BossC
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasonw »

Just type something up on a Word Document like:

"I certify the authenticity of this autograph and will provide an unconditional refund if proven otherwise"

----------------
(signed, date)

Jason 8)
noodlez
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by noodlez »

Thanks for your fast replies!

I was thinking about not sending anything along but since the buyer asked for it and I don't want to get any kind of neutral or negative feedback because of such a "stupid sheet of paper"... I decided to include something just didn't know WHAT exactly.

Your idea sounds good, BossC 8) Since I wasn't about to write any long explanations or "stories"...

8) {thumb2}
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasonw »

I agree they are worthless, but if the buyer insists on having one just print one out to make them happy. {thumb2}
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by guilder1st »

Try this

http://www.freeprintablecertificates.ne ... thenticity

You can print out a free COA and just put in the item name, and description. Date and sign it. Just a thought. {thumb2}
And I personally wouldn't write on there about the unconditional refund.
noodlez
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by noodlez »

guilder1st wrote:Try this

http://www.freeprintablecertificates.ne ... thenticity

You can print out a free COA and just put in the item name, and description. Date and sign it. Just a thought. {thumb2}
And I personally wouldn't write on there about the unconditional refund.

This is GREAT!!! Thanks for the link! That's the way I'll do it {thumb2} 8) 8) :)
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by jdp3577 »

the answers in this post are just proving how worthless CAOs are. I wouldnt include one myself since you got it through the mail and theres no way you can say you "I certify the authenticity" without lying

I would do BossC's suggestion
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

Here is what eBay says:
Important:
Certificates of Authenticity

Autograph Buying Tips: eBay requires sellers who promote listings with a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) to provide details about the certificate including the name of the issuing party. Listings that don’t comply are in violation of eBay policy and may not be covered by eBay services such as feedback and purchase protections.

Before you buy, use this checklist to help you get the autograph that you want!

Read the listing carefully. Make sure you’re comfortable with the description and image of the item.

Get an Expert opinion. Before you buy, use the "Quick Opinion" service to get the opinion of a qualified expert (for a nominal fee).

Seek a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) from a prominent authenticator. Some authenticators are considered more credible with the industry and collectors. At a minimum, make sure the COA issuer has a proven track record of experience and integrity.

Check the seller's feedback rating and ask questions. Don’t hesitate to ask the seller about their reputation or how they came to possess an item.

Be aware of "reprints". Sellers may sell reproductions of original autographs, but are required to disclose that they are reprints. Look for other reprint names like “print” or “copy” in the item description.

Do your research. Find out what an athlete’s signature looks like and remember, “If it seems too good to be true,” it probably is.
He/she might be seeking a COA so the purchase is covered under "Buyer Protection Coverage". Makes sense from a buyer's perspective {up}

Khackdrums :D