Hot Weather

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Lauren81492
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Hot Weather

Post by Lauren81492 »

Summer's coming. During that time, in the daytime we only air condition the downstairs of our house. My room, where I keep my autograph binder, can get as hot as the mid 80s during the day. It can also be pretty humid. Will that hurt my autographs? I can move my binder downstairs for a few months.
EastendersFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Hot Weather

Post by EastendersFan »

Hello

I'm not really sure at all really. They might cause the pen marks to smudge but i doubt it. No, im really not sure, sorry cant really help you {down}

Why dont you keep your autographs downstairs?
takying
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by takying »

hi Lauren81492,

May I ask how do you keep your autographs? If I were you, I would put them into a box to prevent air/moisture getting into the plastic bags that holds your autographs during summer. Maybe you could describe a bit more about the condition so hopefully someone could help :D

Takying
Lauren81492
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lauren81492 »

They're in plastic sheet protectors in a binder. I probably should keep them where it's cooler, just to be safe...
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by guilder1st »

The heat is not as dangerous to your autographs as the humidity. Just keep them out of direct sunlight, because they might fade if you don't. I live in Arizona and it gets very hot here. I've never have had any problems with my autographs. Not even when it was over 100 Fahrenheit and sitting in my mail box.
To prevent problems, just keep them in acid free sleeves in a binder. Don't put them up on the wall, because the humidity could form moisture inside the frames and that could damage the autograph.
Lauren81492
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lauren81492 »

Thanks, guys, you've been a big help! :D
gluestick

Post by gluestick »

good luk with storing ur autos
JamesLarden
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JamesLarden »

I see what you mean. I would get a good plastic box to store them in, but it would probably be safer to move them. I have heard that the garage is a good place to store them (as long as they are in a cupboard). In the summer, it doesn't get too hot in the garage.
I hope this helps!
James {thumb2}
Wifi Dude
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Wifi Dude »

i would just keep them in a less humid spot :D it might snow here still! i want SPRING!
Wifi Dude
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Wifi Dude »

boy its june 6th and its snowing in Montana and i was gonna play tackle football today, but itll get above 100 and they don't smudge