Time Minimum for Moderators

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
detroitpistons
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Time Minimum for Moderators

Post by detroitpistons »

Maybe a good requirement for becoming a TM is a simple quiz. Questions like what does SASE or SAE stand for? If u don't know that you're definietly not ready. Or what does LOR stand for? Other questions like that to prove there true collectors. If you pass, then you become TM.

Having a post minunum would do no good as "good success" posts x1000 would be posted as stated many many numerous times before.

Maybe a posting minimum of 10 autograph success/RTS's would also be reasonable.

I think you're best bet would be the TM test/quiz. Ask auotgrpah-related questions that in order to help out Fanmail, a TM should be able to help with and answer.
Taio
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Taio »

detroitpistons wrote:Maybe a good requirement for becoming a TM is a simple quiz. Questions like what does SASE or SAE stand for? If u don't know that you're definietly not ready. Or what does LOR stand for? Other questions like that to prove there true collectors. If you pass, then you become TM.

Having a post minunum would do no good as "good success" posts x1000 would be posted as stated many many numerous times before.

I think you're best bet would be the TM test/quiz. Ask auotgrpah-related questions that in order to help out Fanmail, a TM should be able to help with and answer.
Still sending out a TM test or quiz wouldn't prove anything, it can still be looked at via the foums here or on the internet. So those who are not honest would simply just have to look for the information and pass, without neccasarily knowing it. {down} Which wouldn't be fair in the slightest.
detroitpistons
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by detroitpistons »

Taio wrote:
detroitpistons wrote:Maybe a good requirement for becoming a TM is a simple quiz. Questions like what does SASE or SAE stand for? If u don't know that you're definietly not ready. Or what does LOR stand for? Other questions like that to prove there true collectors. If you pass, then you become TM.

Still sending out a TM test or quiz wouldn't prove anything, it can still be looked at via the foums here or on the internet. So those who are not honest would simply just have to look for the information and pass, without neccasarily knowing it. {down} Which wouldn't be fair in the slightest.
Yes but then if they do look it up, they'll remember, and if they can't help a fellow member with that stuff then they're not right for the job.
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

futuremrsrathbone - Promoted to TM with only 6 posts. None of these posts are constructive. Why are people like this promoted? :?

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/memberlis ... le&u=25763
1name1legend
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by 1name1legend »

wow All you have to be is a twilight Fan to be a TM. SAD
detroitpistons
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by detroitpistons »

1name1legend wrote:wow All you have to be is a twilight Fan to be a TM. SAD
Better yet, shes only 11 years old! :shock:

Edit: It's people like these that don't have knowledge about the subject and are just doing it for the title that are ruining fanmail.biz
Star9685
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Star9685 »

I completely agree with most things said here.
I waited until I'd been here exactly a year to ask to become a TM.
However, for my first while of being on the forums, I wasn't quite as helpful or active as I am now. Simply because I hadn't realized how great being a part of the community of fanmail.biz is.
I try to be helpful, even if I'm not an expert at everything, I know the basics very well, and hopefully a little more. :D
Anyway, I think there should be requirements to becoming a TM. Like number of posts, join date, and a success rate. {thumb2}
I don't necessarily think you should be judged on your numbed of successes. This is simply because I don't have a large number of them, but I still haven't sent out too many. I believe I only have three or four request I'm yet to hear back from in the course of a little over a year. Where as some people send out multiple requests each day. I and I'm sure others can't afford to do that, plus, I usually only send to people I'm really a huge fan of. ;-)
It's pathetic though some of these TM's who are completely unqualified. :roll: It's just unfair to those of us who really try.
- Willow {thumb2}
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

Hello! it is crazy admin or whoever is adding people that made like no post. take a look at this

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/memberlis ... le&u=20329

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/memberlis ... le&u=25106

i was here alomost a year an over 13 years old! i would like to be a trainee mod, but they say that they run out of room? but they add people that made barley any post! i made like over 450 post, and i think i'm helpful around here.
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

It won't change. :neutral: We've tried and tried. :(
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

khackdrums wrote:futuremrsrathbone - Promoted to TM with only 6 posts. None of these posts are constructive. Why are people like this promoted? :?

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/memberlis ... le&u=25763
Have you asked Admin about this? I agree: this is unexceptable: I thought there was a rule about you had to be a member three months: he/she doesn't qualify.

Unfortunately right now there aren't rules about becoming TM/Mods. We need to get some, but the good Mods/GMs have enough on their hands trying to deal with the forum and cleaning up the mess here without adding another thing to the list.

Does someone want to volunteer to make a list with some rules and then submit it to a Mod who can put it in the mod forum for the other mods to make changes and them implement it? I would be glad to post it in the mod forum--giving credit to you of course--and get other mods feedback on it but I really don't have time to write the list. Pm me if you are interested. {thumb2}

BossC