How do you design and set out your letter?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
EastendersFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

How do you design and set out your letter?

Post by EastendersFan »

Do you decorate your letter with stickers?
Do you write in bright colours?
What colour paper do you use?
What size paper do you use?
Do you do anything else?

Here are some example questions I'd love to ask everyone. Starting from now, I am making my letters stand out more by using coloured paper and stickers. I'd love to know what you do {up}
nich9494

Re: How do you design and set out your letter?

Post by nich9494 »

Hey EastendersFan :)
EastendersFan_x wrote:Do you decorate your letter with stickers?
No, I don't have many little stickers :lol: I might start putting some on my future requests though because they make the letters look really nice {up}
EastendersFan_x wrote:Do you write in bright colours?
No I write in black fountain pen {up} :) Nothing wrong with brigh colors though :D
EastendersFan_x wrote:What colour paper do you use?
Just normal everyday white printer paper 8) I will start buying colored letter paper soon though, they look so nice and it really looks like you put your heart into the letter :razz: lol hope that didn't sound too cheesy :)
EastendersFan_x wrote:What size paper do you use?
A5 on its vertical side, I write pretty small ;-) sometimes the letter continues on the back as well :)
EastendersFan_x wrote:Do you do anything else?
Well I draw small hearts :oops: in random places throughout the letter, same with smiley faces :) When I write to footballers I tend to finish the letter with a doodle of the back of their shirts with their name and number on {thumb2}

Nich
x
Autographs received: 22
Authentic: 15
Personalized: 3
IP: 4

Latest Success: Peter Facinelli personalized
Favourite Success: Bam Margera & cast authentic!!! :D Here's my post

Autographs Pending: Rodney Mullen, Shia LaBeouf, Robert Pattinson, Slash, Sir Alex Ferguson, Taylor Lautner, Lukas Podolski, James McAvoy, Alex Pettyfer, Mitch Hewer, Dominic Monaghan, Jack Black, Will Farrell, Oliver & James Phelps, Andy Roddick, Luis Nani, Cristiano Ronaldo, Dane Cook, Sean Faris, Josh Duhamel, T.I., Christian Bale, Paul Scholes, Darren Fletcher, Nemanja Vidic, Roger Federer, Gerd Muller, James McAvoy VV, Josh Holloway, Taylor Kitsch, Dimitar Berbatov, James Franco VV, Paul Rudd VV, Steven Gerrard, Daniel Agger, Fernando Torres, Theo Walcott, Jamie Carragher, Wentworth Miller, Mark Wahlberg

Thanks so much to -Lil1- for this beautiful siggy

<3 Sheckler
EastendersFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EastendersFan »

Thanks for your reply. Its interesting to see what other people do {up}
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

Do you decorate your letter with stickers? I did when I first started collecting, but I don't now.
Do you write in bright colours? Sometimes I do, but it totally depends on who I'm writing to. I will usually write in blue or black biro, but if it's a younger celebrity then I sometimes write in pink, purple or orange.
What colour paper do you use? I used to use coloured paper but now I just use white.
What size paper do you use? Either a4 or a5, whichever notebook is handy at the time.
Do you do anything else? Well for some celebrities I make them a card and then write my letter inside, rather than just sending a normal letter. I have a card making kit so when I have the time I design a card for my very favourite celebrities. They are so individual so they stand out, and the celebrity can see I have put a lot of effort into it.
Thanks -Lil1- for the amazing set!
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
missmaexox
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by missmaexox »

EastendersFan_x wrote:Do you decorate your letter with stickers?
Yes! I have some of those thin Sharpie marker/pen things, and I write with those. I have tons of bright colors! Haha.
EastendersFan_x wrote:What colour paper do you use?
I use white lined notebook paper. ;-) Creative, I know. Haha! :lol:
EastendersFan_x wrote:What size paper do you use?
It's A4, I think. Whatever regular sized paper is.
EastendersFan_x wrote:Do you do anything else?
Well, I always sign at the end of the letter. And I usually write out Q&As if I know the celebrity answers them, and always include my own photos. I also add like 'Peace Love Happiness' doodles at the end of my letters, and sometimes Q&As. Haha. And I write a little note on a small piece of paper from a notepad (not sure of size, but it's a small size, not as small as post-its though) and I'll write a random sentence or 2, about the celebrity. :D

-Kelsey :mrgreen:
My website; http://www.freewebs.com/kelseysautographs

Most Wanted; Katy Perry and Lady Gaga
Most Recent Success; Carlson Young
Favorite Successes; Nicole Anderson and Carlson Young
cb1892
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cb1892 »

My letters are written on blank A4 white paper with a black Biro. How Boring. {sleep}

I think from now on I'll make an effort to make them more colourful but I do type many of my requests. I think I might buy some stickers to put onto them.
AutographWanter
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AutographWanter »

Do you decorate your letter with stickers? Only if I write on lined paper
Do you write in bright colours? I use purple pen
What colour paper do you use? Pink floral paper for girls and lined paper for guys... but I have found some extra designed paper that I can use for guys now
What size paper do you use? 8.5" x 11"
Do you do anything else? nope

:mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
Recent Successes: Jorge Garcia, Yunjin Kim, Samantha Peszek, "Billy Elliot"
Recently Sent: Stephen Daldry, Ivana Hong
aamir
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by aamir »

Over the past few days I have taken a new approach to letter writing. I have now a strict three page rule, which means each of my letters has to be size 12 on the computer and fit in three pages.

Do you decorate your letter with stickers?
What colour paper do you use?
What size paper do you use?
Do you do anything else?

1. No, I don't see the point in stickers.
2. I type in orange ink.
3. I use normal white paper
4. Just a4 paper.
5. Well, I don't really put that much emphasis on the appearance of the letter. I put more emphasis on what the letter contains. I try to tell them about what I like about them, how I discovered them, a bit about me, my favourite things they've done, their new stuff etc. I also have been lately putting a couple of Loveheart Sweets and mailing that too, to show how much I care about their work. Also, for some of my requests, I will be painting/sketching the celebrity and letting them keep the picture, to show I have taken time. I also always include my facebook, myspace, youtube accounts and my mobile number in case they ever want to get in touch with me. And that's about it.
"Weirdism - don't you ever call someone weird. Everybody is unique, therefore to be normal is to be weird. So really the weird ones are the normal ones and the normal ones are the weird ones. That's my analogy."
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

Do you decorate your letter with stickers? No but I've been thinking of perhaps buying some little stars to seal my envelopes with.
Do you write in bright colours? Sometimes I write in gold gel pen but usually just blue or black.
What colour paper do you use? I have lots of different writing sets. Sometimes I use note cards too.
What size paper do you use? A5 usually
Do you do anything else? Not that I can think of right now

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!
cb1892
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cb1892 »

aamir wrote: I also always include my facebook, myspace, youtube accounts and my mobile number in case they ever want to get in touch with me. And that's about it.
Seriously?