Mail or Email?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
GasCan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Mail or Email?

Post by GasCan »

Hi

like I wrote on another thread, I´m new here. I normally send my letters to celebs with the mail, but I often read that people send it with a email. Email is easier, but is it also successfully? What is your experience? And my second question ist, where can I find confirmed email addresses?
gentlemansyd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Mail or Email?

Post by gentlemansyd »

I've had success with both. It all depends on the celebrity you are trying to reach. I have had success by researching the celebrity and finding their manager's email. This can normally be found with a simple google search. Find out what talent agency represents them and look on the website for their agent's email.
Won't always work. But I've had a 15 - 20% success rate in only 6 months collecting.
Another thing I did was to search on the fanmail.biz search bar for "email success". See if a celebrity you want pops up and get that email address.

One thing to think about is that although email is easy for us, it is hard on the celebrity. You are asking for them to provide a picture you want signed as well as pay for the postage to you. Not everybody is going to be keen on doing that.

Hope this helps.
Most recent successes: Judi Dench, Julian Barratt, Graham Norton, Tommy James, Gary Sinise
Some Autographs received: Scott Weiland (x3), Carol Kaye, Gary Numan, Penn & Teller, Robert Shields, David Copperfield.
Sent & Waiting:a ton
GasCan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Mail or Email?

Post by GasCan »

Thank you for your helpful answer.