Postage question

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
fan0258
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Postage question

Post by fan0258 »

Hey guys,

I always hear about the postage thing and I still don't really get it.
When you send a letter you go to the post office and the post office people are weighting the letter and then I pay by the letter's weight. When you say to put enough postage you mean to pay the letter at the post office by its weight?
if not please explain what do you mean when you say to put enough postage for the return.

Thanks a lot to you all! :)
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Postage question

Post by TheCollector »

fan0258 wrote:Hey guys,

I always hear about the postage thing and I still don't really get it.
When you send a letter you go to the post office and the post office people are weighting the letter and then I pay by the letter's weight. When you say to put enough postage you mean to pay the letter at the post office by its weight?
if not please explain what do you mean when you say to put enough postage for the return.

Thanks a lot to you all! :)
Hey fan0258 {up}

You are really having postal problems huh? :lol:

When you have your letter weighed at the post office, you have to pay for it by weight. That is the cost to mail your letter out to the celeb.

With regards to the return postage, you have 3 basic choices:
1). Don't include any return postage. This means the celeb will have to pay to send his/her autograph back to you. Some don't mind, but your chances of success are reduced.

2) If you are mailing a celeb in your own country then you can supply a stamped self-addressed envelope. i.e. an envelope addressed to yourself, with your own country's postage stamp(s) on.

3) If you are mailing a celeb in another country, then you cannot use your own country's stamps for the return envelope. Instead you need to buy 2 or 3 IRC's (International Reply Coupons) from your post office. You then send these to the celeb with your letter and return envelope, and they can exchange them at their own post office for stamps.

In practice, 2 IRC's should be enough for replies from most countries.

I hope this helps. I know it can be difficult to get your head around at first, but once you have got it you will be OK :wink:

Ian {thumb2}
fan0258
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Thanks!

Post by fan0258 »

Dear Ian,

Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it and you are helping me all the time.

Thanks again! :wink:
TheCollector

Re: Thanks!

Post by TheCollector »

fan0258 wrote:Dear Ian,

Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it and you are helping me all the time.

Thanks again! :wink:
No probs {up}

Really, if you need any more help/advice, just ask!

Ian {thumb2}