Alan Rickman made me cry fail

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
mymymy

Alan Rickman made me cry fail

Post by mymymy »

the below is in my opinion, you may have met a nice alan

The title says it all; after a play at the Comedy Theatre in LOndon aln signed a couple of 10x8's, when I asked him to sign my Harry Potter sleeve, he refused saying, "I dont sign any Harrry Potter items" OS I aked him if he could signed my piece of paper instead as I had nothing else, he then said "no, because you will just go and print a harry potter picture on it" I asked politely once more saying, that is all I had! He walked over to see friends strarted chatting etc and walked off.

It was so upsetting, I heard he doesnt sign Harry potter stuff but gave it a try, how dare he say what I would do, some people migt do that , byt I wouldnt, He wouldnt even pesonalise the paper, it seems to me that he doesnt sign Harry Potter becasue it is valuable but he is not proud of his performances, why else would he not personalise harry items!!!!!???

Anyway although I shuldnt take it personally and with him walking off thinking he had the last laugh, I did cry, im not ashamed to admit it! It s quite upsetting to celebs to judge i general rather than with individuals!!!

I feel so upse I may write to his agency just to say how I felt
afem1010

Re: Alan Rickman made me cry fail

Post by afem1010 »

mymymy wrote:the below is in my opinion, you may have met a nice alan

The title says it all; after a play at the Comedy Theatre in LOndon aln signed a couple of 10x8's, when I asked him to sign my Harry Potter sleeve, he refused saying, "I dont sign any Harrry Potter items" OS I aked him if he could signed my piece of paper instead as I had nothing else, he then said "no, because you will just go and print a harry potter picture on it" I asked politely once more saying, that is all I had! He walked over to see friends strarted chatting etc and walked off.

It was so upsetting, I heard he doesnt sign Harry potter stuff but gave it a try, how dare he say what I would do, some people migt do that , byt I wouldnt, He wouldnt even pesonalise the paper, it seems to me that he doesnt sign Harry Potter becasue it is valuable but he is not proud of his performances, why else would he not personalise harry items!!!!!???

Anyway although I shuldnt take it personally and with him walking off thinking he had the last laugh, I did cry, im not ashamed to admit it! It s quite upsetting to celebs to judge i general rather than with individuals!!!

Benedict

You are over reacting a bit there. The reason he probably doesn't sign potter items is because they end up on ebay or get sold for a quick buck. it happens, thats life. People can easily print a harry potter autograph on paper or reproduce an autograph on paper onto photos. He probably doesn't know that your not that kind because well, think about it, there are millions of people out there and well, you can personalize your views for each and every person. Im not supporting here but I don't blame him either. Like Hilary Duff does not sign photos or Britney does not like signing at all. There are minute reasons between the lines.

And honestly, there are lots of people not proud of many of their performances. If I took an Australia Pic and asked Nicole Kidman to sign it, it would probably bring back memories. But if I ask Hugh Jackman to sign it, he probably would careless.

Different people, different views.

So don't worry about it. Atleast you got to meet him. Canada is not THAT lucky

Cheers
afem1010
autographfanno1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autographfanno1 »

mymymy wrote:the below is in my opinion, you may have met a nice alan

Wow - you DO expect the world out of people.
You should know full well by now he doesn't sign HP stuff, he's always said that.
And he doesn't know you personally, how would he know that you wouldn't print off a HP pic?
mymymy wrote:how dare he say what I would do
That's just plain arrogant - he doesn't have to sign at all so you should feel lucky to meet him. I'm sure there are several people here who would give a lot of money just to speak to him and you're speaking like he legally has to sign perfectly for you?
dani
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dani »

Hi Benedict,
I'm sorry for you. I can imagin how you felt. :(
How can a person be so paranoïac as to think everyone sells on e-bay.
I had the same practically with Rowan Atkinson in january. It was freezing cold and I waited 90 minutes for him with my 8 year old boy, who is a huge fan of him.
When he arrived, he was in such a bad mood, rushed by, mumbled something like "not now".
I mean there were perhaps 6 people waiting, it wouldn't have hurt him to sign, at least for a child !!!
aamir
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by aamir »

I have to say I am on Benedict's side in this topic.
I have been looking at his posts of IP successes and I think he's doing a brilliant job at the moment. I know I would have cried at the same situation. It's just that you have to wait for ages for IP collecting, and if a celeb did that to me, I would have been angry.
"Weirdism - don't you ever call someone weird. Everybody is unique, therefore to be normal is to be weird. So really the weird ones are the normal ones and the normal ones are the weird ones. That's my analogy."
stellar_fuse
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stellar_fuse »

aamir wrote:It's just that you have to wait for ages for IP collecting, and if a celeb did that to me, I would have been angry.

I can understand why you would have been a bit upset that he thought you were going to sell it - I would have. But let's face it - you've had a load of great IP successes recently; ones I won't be able to get for love nor money. Seriously - just put it down to experience and try him another time.

{thumb2}
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

mymymy wrote: after a play at the Comedy Theatre in LOndon aln signed a couple of 10x8's, when I asked him to sign my Harry Potter sleeve, he refused saying, "I dont sign any Harrry Potter items"
He signed 2 10x8 photos for you and you're complaining he didnt sign a DVD cover too? {down} No wonder he thought you were a dealer....
Sammya
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sammya »

Andy316 wrote:
mymymy wrote: after a play at the Comedy Theatre in LOndon aln signed a couple of 10x8's, when I asked him to sign my Harry Potter sleeve, he refused saying, "I dont sign any Harrry Potter items"
He signed 2 10x8 photos for you and you're complaining he didnt sign a DVD cover too? {down} No wonder he thought you were a dealer....
Actually I don't think that Mr Rickman signed those for Benedict....it sounds like he was signing for someone else and just refused to sign for Benedect because he had a Harry Potter item...
>> My autograph collection site << *NEW WEBSITE!*
liamafc
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by liamafc »

all i say is if it wasnt for us the paying public he wouldnt have a job a autograph wont kill him iam a big fan of him in Galaxy Quest i will not be going to see his next film if this is the thanks his fans get
mymymy

Post by mymymy »

Andy - it was others who got the photos signed and not me!