is anyone else going to attend the world baseball classic?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

is anyone else going to attend the world baseball classic?

Post by miley cyrus fan »

hi guys im wondering if anyone else will be attending any games of the 2009 world basball classic? i dont know wheir all the games are taking place but i know their are quite a few games taking place in toronto starting this saturday. im going to both games saturday and im pretty sure im going sunday. ill be cheering for italy throughout the tournament.

i also really hope i can get some autographs i know il most likelyl be able to get a few because their is almost always someone signing but i really have my fingers crossed for some of the met players like j.j putz and david wright who are particpating for team usa i would also like to get mike piazza's autograph again if i can. but yes is anybody else attendting?

btw the first game is usa vs canada(im going to stay as neutral as possible this game im canadian but i like so many players the americans have so i cant cheer against either really)

second game venuezela vs italy ( 10000 percent im rooting for italy im of italian desent and very proud of it also mike piazza is the hitting coach for the italians and hes my favirote baseball player ever, i hope italy can pull off the win but i dont think they will)

3rd game the loosing teams most likely italy vs canada( ill be cheering for italy and very proudly at that)

4th game the winners most likely usa vs venuezuela i would love to attend but its a monday night and 4 games in 3 days really is alot of money and time spent

ps i didnt know wheir to post this, its autograph and sport related so i figured general disccusion would be better then the sport fourm and better then autograph collecting discusions.
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: is anyone else going to attend the world baseball classic?

Post by dfreely »

I won't be attending, with the stadiums being on the other side of the country and all.. the Toronto stadium would actually be closer!

Never quite liked the Classic though - some of the participating countries probably don't even play much baseball (Netherlands, South Africa, etc), and some like Italy are just a team of Americans who happen to be of Italian descent.

Have a good time though, I hope you get to meet some of the players - David Wright and Mike Piazza are really nice guys.
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: is anyone else going to attend the world baseball classic?

Post by miley cyrus fan »

dfreely wrote:I won't be attending, with the stadiums being on the other side of the country and all.. the Toronto stadium would actually be closer!

Never quite liked the Classic though - some of the participating countries probably don't even play much baseball (Netherlands, South Africa, etc), and some like Italy are just a team of Americans who happen to be of Italian descent.

Have a good time though, I hope you get to meet some of the players - David Wright and Mike Piazza are really nice guys.
thanks i got piazza's autograph before a game two years ago so im not gonna be disapointed if i dont get his auto and ya he definetly is a very nice guy and david wright i dont thing imma be getting his auto because their are gonna be so many people trying and if he does sign before the game only a few will succeed, even if i get a couple of lesser known players ill be very happy.