Dr George D. Nelson Shuttle Astronaut

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
caappy

Dr George D. Nelson Shuttle Astronaut

Post by caappy »

George Driver "Pinky" Nelson (born July 13, 1950) is an American physicist, astronomer, science educator, and a former NASA astronaut. George was selected as an astronaut candidate by NASA in January 1978. He flew as a scientific equipment operator in the WB 57-F earth resources aircraft and served as the Astronaut Office representative in the Space Shuttle Extravehicular Mobility Unit (space suit) development effort. During STS-1 he was the photographer in the prime chase plane. He also served as support crewman and CAPCOM for the last two OFT flights, STS-3 and STS-4, and as head of the Astronaut Office Mission Development Group. A veteran of three space flights, Nelson served aboard STS-41-C in 1984, STS-61C in 1986 and STS-26 in 1988. He has logged a total of 411 hours in space, including 10 hours of EVA flight time.

Missions STS-41-C, STS-61-C, STS-26

Sent him 2 Photos on 15 May and got both back signed on 27 Jun.. He signed them Pinky Nelson.

Dr George Nelson
1543 Toledo Ct.
Bellingham, WA 98229
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dr George D. Nelson Shuttle Astronaut

Post by admin »

Hi caappy :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and picture you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} George D. Nelson on Fanmail.biz

Fanmail 8)
Hartster

Post by Hartster »

He's been signing as 'Pinky' for the longest time. When I met him in 1997 at an opening of a Target (!) he signed the slicks that way. When I later sent him a photo of him and me from that meeting, he did sign it as 'George D. Nelson.'
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
caappy

Post by caappy »

That is cool that you got to meet him... funny how he signed your photo with his name and not Pinky...