Is this typically done?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
peterslawford
$10 gift certificate winner

Is this typically done?

Post by peterslawford »

I've been wondering whether it's normal or even possible to send Funko pop vinyls TTM to be signed. I personally collect autographs on photos only, but my sister adores Funko pops and has been wanting to start an autograph collection with them and I wanted to surprise her with one to start her off for her birthday. In particular, at the moment I'm deciding between Kathryn Beaumont's autograph on an Alice in Wonderland pop, or Sebastian Stan on a Winter Soldier pop (as those are her interests). Has anyone had any success with a celebrity signing a Funko pop TTM? Would I put the pop inside of a postage-covered box, and put that inside of a larger postage-covered box as I do with my TTM SASEs? Any help would be appreciated! :D
TTM: Ann Blyth, Eva Marie Saint, Debbie Reynolds, Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot, Shirley MacLaine, Mary Carlisle, Barbara Eden, Don Murray, Gena Rowlands, Doris Day, Jane Powell, Nehemiah Persoff, Kathryn Grant-Crosby, Betty White, Dewey Martin, Dick Van Dyke, Marsha Hunt, Arlene Dahl
In Person: William Shatner, Robert Wagner, Diahann Carroll, Russ Tamblyn, Britt Ekland, George Chakiris
Purchased: Esther Williams, Russ Tamblyn, Julie Adams, Julie Newmar, Tyrone Power, Joan Fontaine
Waiting For: Sidney Poitier, Mia Farrow, Priscilla Presley, John Astin, Joanne Woodward, Earl Holliman, Shelley Fabares, Yvette Mimieux
ngc1001
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Is this typically done?

Post by ngc1001 »

Hi!

It is possible to send Funko Pops TTM! I PC Marvel/MCU and just started to TTM. I just sent out a Vision Funko Pop to Paul Bettany. I sent a box within a box with a hand-written LOR and self-addressed the box within for return. I used bubble wrap to help the Pop from not moving too much but can't guarantee he'll keep the request to use it also. I just sent it a few days ago and if anything comes of it, I will put it on here. Hope this helps a little!

Nick

p.s if you have any Marvel/MCU item available, i'm always looking to purchase
peterslawford

Post by peterslawford »

ngc1001 wrote:Hi!

It is possible to send Funko Pops TTM! I PC Marvel/MCU and just started to TTM. I just sent out a Vision Funko Pop to Paul Bettany. I sent a box within a box with a hand-written LOR and self-addressed the box within for return. I used bubble wrap to help the Pop from not moving too much but can't guarantee he'll keep the request to use it also. I just sent it a few days ago and if anything comes of it, I will put it on here. Hope this helps a little!

Nick

p.s if you have any Marvel/MCU item available, i'm always looking to purchase
Thank you! I'll have to try it then! :D
TTM: Ann Blyth, Eva Marie Saint, Debbie Reynolds, Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot, Shirley MacLaine, Mary Carlisle, Barbara Eden, Don Murray, Gena Rowlands, Doris Day, Jane Powell, Nehemiah Persoff, Kathryn Grant-Crosby, Betty White, Dewey Martin, Dick Van Dyke, Marsha Hunt, Arlene Dahl
In Person: William Shatner, Robert Wagner, Diahann Carroll, Russ Tamblyn, Britt Ekland, George Chakiris
Purchased: Esther Williams, Russ Tamblyn, Julie Adams, Julie Newmar, Tyrone Power, Joan Fontaine
Waiting For: Sidney Poitier, Mia Farrow, Priscilla Presley, John Astin, Joanne Woodward, Earl Holliman, Shelley Fabares, Yvette Mimieux
wintersoldier
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wintersoldier »

I would say go for it!! Just FYI, though, I don't think Sebastian Stan signs TTM anymore... but if you do try and he actually responds, then let me know because I freaking love him