SASE vs. Address

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
gatorfan1502
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

SASE vs. Address

Post by gatorfan1502 »

Which is better, putting a SASE in or can you just simply put in your address in the letter?
Kenny1965
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: SASE vs. Address

Post by Kenny1965 »

Always use a SASE. They shouldn't have to pay for your postage.
Ejm1059
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ejm1059 »

SASE. There is little chance you'll get something back with just a letter. And like Kenny1965 said, they don't have to send you anything back if you just send them a letter.
Successes: (Minus SFM) Nathan Lane (IP), David Hyde Pierce (IP), Norbert Leo Butz (IP), Jonathan Pryce (IP) Shia LaBeouf (A), Victoria Beckham (A), Orlando Bloom (PP) Judi Dench (A),Daniel Radcliffe (A), Norbert Leo Butz (A), Kristen Chenoweth (A), Zac Efron (PP), Will Ferrell (A),Meg Cabot, Brad Bird (A), Dorris Day (A?), Jeremy Irons (A), Andy Samberg (A), Jane Fonda (A)

Created by[/color] Seb

"Are you talking about pi or pie because I have been fooled before ...".
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

It's always best to send a SASE, or a SAE with IRC's (if sending internationally). It will highly increase your chances of getting a success, plus it's just polite to pay for the postage if they're taking the time to send you an autograph :)
Thanks -Lil1- for the amazing set!
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
bluberry52
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bluberry52 »

Hi, I have recently started to write letters asking for autographs when I came across this post. I was wondering how do you know how big of a SASE to send?
charliestcloud
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by charliestcloud »

I agree that sending an SASE is better and more polite, but sometimes the person doesn't have the money to send one. Like me, I don't really have much money so sometimes I don't send an SASE and I get a response. But when I do send an SASE, it just makes me feel a little better that I paid for the postage myself and didn't make the celeb do it....
*~When you're heart is in you're dreams, no request is to extreme!!~*
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Autograp ... 0176062093
My MOST Wanted: LIAM HEMSWORTH!!!
SelenaandDemiFan

Post by SelenaandDemiFan »

SASE is much more polite. However, some people will still reply with just an LOR.

Even if you send an SASE, (or if you don't) put your address on the letter.
I've seen people and it's happened to me where they mix up requests and you get the wrong photo/ your photo gets sent to someone else's address.

Hope this helps you. {up}
-Selenaanddemifan
zzublue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by zzublue »

I agree with all the users who have replied to this thread.
Yes, sending an SASE is always recommended as a polite, convenient way for a celebrity to get back to you.
Most Wanted: Jennifer Aniston, Emma Watson, Kathy Bates, Megan Fox(Personalized), Milla Jovovich, Monica Bellucci, Kate Beckinsale
Latest Success: Amanda Seyfried(Authentic, Personalized), Pierce Brosnan(Authentic), Milla Jovovich(AP)
Waiting On: Scott Speedman, Emma Watson, Megan Fox
About to Send Out: Milla Jovovich, Kate Beckinsale

Autograph Collecting is So Much Passionate & Appealing!
~Autograph Hound~

*My Sale Section* Please Visit!
A Couple Of Autographs For Sale: http://fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=209353
Natalie Portman Autograph For Sale(Authentic, RARE!): http://fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=209705

Contact Addresses: zuublue@hanmail.net or PM! =)
HappinessStan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by HappinessStan »

I would never write without an SASE, and for the success rate you are likely to achieve without doing that you might as well save yourself the walk to the postbox and stick it straight in the recycled paper bin.

I'm not well off, there have been times in my life when I've not been able to afford to buy a loaf of bread, so understand what it is to have no money at all. In those times I would just not have sent letters to people, or if I felt that driven would have found a means of acquiring some stamps. I can understand not being able to afford to send letters out, but if you can afford to prioritise what you have for the postage to get it there then I don't quite see how you can't work out a way to get the return postage together as as well.
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

I'm with Stan...don't send a request unless you can pay for return postage. If the celeb is already paying to send his/her own photo (they do cost $$, you know), the least we can do when requesting one is to pay for the return postage. I got lucky when I was 10-12 years old writing to a few celebs, but I wouldn't dream of writing now without sending a SASE or IRCs, if I'm sending overseas. I've sent out only two requests this month because that's all I could afford to send with SASEs.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)